71 H code value

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have posted before on values. It is driven by who is interested more than condition. If lots of people in your area want it the price goes up.

I bought several cars couple years ago and found some great deals. My driver 73 vert I take to local shows. 351 C H code switched to 4-V, with MSD, Air, PDB, PS, Tilt column, AM / FM Long console, Convenience group, Decor group, Sport wheel covers, gauges, automatic, California car with no rust holes anywhere. Original paint, original comfort weave interior. I only gave $7,200 for it. I came with new tires and aluminum wheels and the original steel wheels and new top in the box.

I also got a 72 Q code vert that had already had floors patched, quarters replaced and in primer. Had been dip stripped. Engine built on stand and C-6 built in shrink warp. $5,500. Has Ram air, gauges, tilt, convenience group, protection group, NASA hood, AM, 8 track, three spot rim blow, long console, Ginger comfort weave interior, Mag. 500 wheels, PDB, PS, competition suspension, detroit locker 31 spline rear. Trailer load of extra parts.

The 73 was on Ebay so not hiding for sure. The 72 was on cl for 9 months in Charlotte NC area again not hiding.

I also got an H code 73 vert Special Paint, white comfort weave interior, three spoke, console, guages, PS, PDB. It was on Ebay and got for $3,200.

I had to pay I think $1,100 for transport on the 73 California car but I went and got the other two.

I like the fact that this car has not had a shiny paint job to hide the rust that is there. You can see what you get. It is a very basic Mach 1. I myself would not got over $3,800 - $4,200 for it. I walked away from a sportsroof the other day for $3,000 was red and never painted and no rust holes.

Search Search Search. I had to quit looking to stop buying. Now I need to sell since no family is interested in them.

BTW when you go take cash in $20.00 looks like more and seller will know you are real. Also remember it will cost you the same to restore this car as one with more options.

The thing that will determine what you pay is how bad you want it. I walked away from the 72 Q code after offering him $5,000 and a couple weeks later he called and I got for $5,500. I had taken the cash with me the first time and put on the car and told him that was my offer and I would leave if it was not acceptable. I left.

Would like to find one of those for 3000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have posted before on values. It is driven by who is interested more than condition. If lots of people in your area want it the price goes up.

I bought several cars couple years ago and found some great deals. My driver 73 vert I take to local shows. 351 C H code switched to 4-V, with MSD, Air, PDB, PS, Tilt column, AM / FM Long console, Convenience group, Decor group, Sport wheel covers, gauges, automatic, California car with no rust holes anywhere. Original paint, original comfort weave interior. I only gave $7,200 for it. I came with new tires and aluminum wheels and the original steel wheels and new top in the box.

I also got a 72 Q code vert that had already had floors patched, quarters replaced and in primer. Had been dip stripped. Engine built on stand and C-6 built in shrink warp. $5,500. Has Ram air, gauges, tilt, convenience group, protection group, NASA hood, AM, 8 track, three spot rim blow, long console, Ginger comfort weave interior, Mag. 500 wheels, PDB, PS, competition suspension, detroit locker 31 spline rear. Trailer load of extra parts.

The 73 was on Ebay so not hiding for sure. The 72 was on cl for 9 months in Charlotte NC area again not hiding.

I also got an H code 73 vert Special Paint, white comfort weave interior, three spoke, console, guages, PS, PDB. It was on Ebay and got for $3,200.

I had to pay I think $1,100 for transport on the 73 California car but I went and got the other two.

I like the fact that this car has not had a shiny paint job to hide the rust that is there. You can see what you get. It is a very basic Mach 1. I myself would not got over $3,800 - $4,200 for it. I walked away from a sportsroof the other day for $3,000 was red and never painted and no rust holes.

Search Search Search. I had to quit looking to stop buying. Now I need to sell since no family is interested in them.

BTW when you go take cash in $20.00 looks like more and seller will know you are real. Also remember it will cost you the same to restore this car as one with more options.

The thing that will determine what you pay is how bad you want it. I walked away from the 72 Q code after offering him $5,000 and a couple weeks later he called and I got for $5,500. I had taken the cash with me the first time and put on the car and told him that was my offer and I would leave if it was not acceptable. I left.

Would like to find one of those for 3000

Just spend some time searching the net but always go look at them and never transfer any money. The FBI just arrested a few people that had taken over $25 million from trusting people that would send deposits or even full amounts for non existent cars. They got none of the money it got sent to off shore accounts almost as soon as it was transferred here. Lots of people spend their life just taking others money. It is worth a few hundred dollars to just go look for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your car is also a little different being an H code with a C-6 (trans code U). Kind of neat.

Your car is also a little different being an H code with a C-6 (trans code U).  Kind of neat.
I checked in Marti's book and they made 2,377 H code with C-6 in 71. I think the 72 listing is another error in the book because he does not show the C-6 as a option on H code. Then in 73 he shows 6,305 H code with C-6.

There are some odd ball ones each year that are one off due to the transmission. They made one Q code 73 with FMX that must have been some kind of test vehicle. There was only one 71 H code 4 speed built in all body styles.

Your car is also a little different being an H code with a C-6 (trans code U).  Kind of neat.
I checked in Marti's book and they made 2,377 H code with C-6 in 71. I think the 72 listing is another error in the book because he does not show the C-6 as a option on H code. Then in 73 he shows 6,305 H code with C-6.

There are some odd ball ones each year that are one off due to the transmission. They made one Q code 73 with FMX that must have been some kind of test vehicle. There was only one 71 H code 4 speed built in all body styles.

She said like 700 with that pretty green interior would have to check that out for myself though

One explanation could be that they ran short of the FMX and just used the C-6 to keep the line moving. Then you consider Marti's book lists total H code production all bodies for 71 with the FMX @ 24,916.

Ron

Pick it up this weekend I posted questions in the feedback forum looking for input. Thanks to all

Back