71 "M" Code Mach 1 in OHIO

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLO-RIDE

Reaction score
My Car
04 MACH 1 with 10k miles, 100% stock
[url=https://ibb.co/gNb13v][img]https://preview.ibb.co/bTOQVa/100_1218.jpg[/img][/url]
I found this and was going to buy it. We have an agreed price ($28K) and I was going to buy. However today when my wife came home from work she told me her job is going to be eliminated. With that said I will not be spending the money for a toy. I will email the owner and inform him tomorrow. All of the pics he sent me show a very nice well restored Mach 1. If anyone is looking to buy, this car is worth looking into. 

https://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/d/minster-1971-mustang-mach-1/6790061167.html

I don't know the owner personally, All I know is he owns a Tool & Stamping business and seems to be ready to sell.

That is much better than 99% of them are. The chrome bumper and the hood stripe looks a little off on the width of the outer band. Should have hood locks if hood was black. Has an AM/FM but no door speakers. Could have been ordered with chrome bumper matri would tell or build sheet. You could not build that car for that money for sure.

Does your wife have a job that is in fairly high demand- nursing, etc.? If there is a good chance she will be hired elsewhere fairly quickly, you may want to roll the dice on this one. You might have to look long and hard to find another one in that shape and at that price. And you may never find one at that price point, without buying a car that needs a lot of work done. This is all assuming you have done your research and the car looks that good in person, inside and out. Take my advice with a grain of salt as I do not know your financial position. Maybe you can come to some agreement with the owner to hold it for a little while after a down payment. It's winter now in PA and there's not a lot of car buying action going on.

This is so funny! What a small world it is when it comes to these cars. I restored and sold that him that car!! I can give the details to anyone interested in it. I sold him the car for $28K in 2015. It is easily worth that and more now. As was already mentioned, you can't restore a car for that price these days!

hi , I own the car now Just purchased it a few weeks ago. Really clean straight car with all original panels. I just added a Ford licensed front and rear spoilers, . The rear was concours correct @ 425.00. Really nothing else to do but drive it to the shows. I sent you Kevin a private email looking forward to discuss the car....

random dice roller d10

Congratulations on a good buy.

Please go to the Introduction section of the forum and introduce yourself and your call. Be forewarned, most members will want to see more pictures.

Hello from Mississippi. 

Disappointed that the deal fell through for forum member Slo-Ride but glad you were able to save this car and keep it in our Family!

When you get a chance please tell us some more about yourself and plans for that very sharp Mach 1.

Welcome to your new Mustang home!

Congrats on the purchase- the car looks solid and almost like it was a steal at that price. Love to see some interior and under-hood pics. It's late and my eyes might be playing tricks on me, but it appears that the rear spoiler is mounted backwards. Not trying to be overly critical, but if you take it to shows and so forth others may notice as well.

Congrats on the purchase- the car looks solid and almost like it was a steal at that price.  Love to see some interior and under-hood pics.  It's late and my eyes might be playing tricks on me, but it appears that the rear spoiler is mounted backwards.  Not trying to be overly critical, but if you take it to shows and so forth others may notice as well.
Yes, congratulations and it is very hard to see in the picture if the rear spoiler is backwards. Note the beveled end is at the rear.

1972-mustang-mach-1-rear-spoiler.jpg
https://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/5524_21_09_16_7_20_33.jpeg[/img]
https://sites.google.com/site/computercarnut/rmrp2/Mustang0005.jpg[/img]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'm glad someone picked this Mach 1 up. The previous owner seemed to be a good guy, and I wanted the car but life got in the way. Enjoy the ride, and enjoy the great members that are here to give advice and knowledge.

*Today's thought* "there are 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those that can't."

Congrats on the purchase- the car looks solid and almost like it was a steal at that price.  Love to see some interior and under-hood pics.  It's late and my eyes might be playing tricks on me, but it appears that the rear spoiler is mounted backwards.  Not trying to be overly critical, but if you take it to shows and so forth others may notice as well.
Well you are being over critical and your eyes are playing games on you because it is correctly installed

Back