71 Mach 1 Grille Stainless Trim

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptrmzr

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351C 4V 4sp 3.50L
Did all Mach 1's come from the factory with stainless steel trim around the fog lights? Mine (pictured) shows no scratches indicating it was ever installed if that is a good indication. Anyway does anyone know where can I buy the trim set? Thanks!

1665561031214.png 1665561433570.png

Me either. You may have to buy good used. Try OMS.

By the way, thank you for a very good pic that shows the hood latch bracket. If you don't mind, I'd like to save that image, ref; LED headlight water shields.

Attachments

• IMG_1561_LI (2).jpg
    IMG_1561_LI (2).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

By the way, thank you for a very good pic that shows the hood latch bracket. If you don't mind, I'd like to save that image, ref; LED headlight water shields.

Here are some more pics of the brackets if it helps!
1665602826686.png1665602736144.png

Does the bracket affect the design of your shields? Still keeping them on my parts radar.

Does the bracket affect the design of your shields? Still keeping them on my parts radar.
Yes. I really had nothing to go by as originally, this was a fix for my car's LED headlights water problem. it didn't occur to me. Another member has twist locks and brought it to my attention. It can be worked around and I could make a change to that design.
Actually, I am currently working on a total redesign and something that I think will fit just about all cars with 7" headlights. I'll update my thread once I have a proven design.

Back