'71 Mach J Code For sale - Original... Almost

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pastel Blue

This appears to be a pretty nice car at a good price... I would love to bring it back to Canada... had one like this for 18 years, same colour and interior... Maybe somebody knows the story on it while it has resided in the USA? Is it as nice as claimed to be? Just noticed, no PS cooler... there has been much discussion on this previously on various sites. My car also is sans PS cooler...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Mach-1-/112083522215?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1a18b2d2a7:g:KOYAAOSwqfNXpJ4~&item=112083522215

Last edited:
Fair price. Tough call do you restore it or drive it.
If the car is what it is claimed to be and at this stage I don't see any red flags; I personally would not restore it. Freshen up where appropriate without affecting the original patina and carry on... This is a really good price for what it appears based on the add; you are getting for your $$.

I don't get it, how does that car not sell for that? They didn't make very many 429CJ mustangs in 71 and were a one year only offer.

Is there a very small market for 71 Mustangs?

Sweet car! I'd drive it a bit - enjoy the car a little - before packing it away to figure out what it would need for a full restoration. :whistling:

Interesting that the Marti Report called out "Sports Wheel Covers" specifically. I don't think I've never seen that before - I thought the Marti Reports only got as far as "Wheel Covers" without distinguishing between the Sport Covers or the Corporate "Dog Dishes." :chin:

Eric, since trim rings and hub caps were standard on the Mach1, Marti probably didn't consider them for a second mention. I checked the three Marti reports I have (all trim ring and hub cap cars) including one with F60 X 15 tires, and none mention the wheel covers. Since the Sport wheel covers were an option, they qualified to be listed in the "Your vehicle was equipped with the following features". The trim rings and hub caps are called out in the standard equipment section of the window stickers I have.

Agree with Pastel Blue, I would do what it took to make it road worthy and safe, and drive it! The sound of a 429 turning some "upper level" RPM's is good therapy!

Last edited by a moderator:
You would have to rotate tires a lot that right rear is going to melt, lol. You can see the paint color difference in the hood in fenders so the hood was painted for sure. Silver is a tough color to get to last.

You can still get to all the pictures after a car does not sell just click on the picture on the main page that comes up. Sold cars also show up in the sold section for a while.

Steve back on my medication, NO MORE CARS... The 64 1/2 D code 4 speed sold to first person that went to look so it was a steal

Back