71 Rear Spoiler Hardware

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 BOSS 351
1969 BOSS 302
2007 Shelby GT/SC
I am looking for the studs that mount the rear spoiler pedestals to the trunk lid but can only find them as part of a complete kit, which I do not need. Does anyone have a source for these mounting studs without buying the whole kit?

You just need to know diameter, thread count, and length you need. Figure that out and you can find something locally as Hemi said above. Chuck

Until the repo pedestals were released, you couldn't get anything for a '71-3 other than the complete spoiler. From Ford, the pedestals and studs are an assembly and came only on the spoiler. They were never released separately as a service part, so there was never a part number assigned to any of them by Ford.
The nuts that thread onto the studs from the underside of the deck lid are ¼-20. Unfortunately, neither of my Money Pits have rear spoilers, so I can't get a length measurement. As I had suggested to another forum member with the same problem, you could always use something like a small dowel rod and insert it into the pedestal while placed on the deck lid. Once you determine how far into the underside of the deck lid the stud needs to protrude, you can take some of your hard-earned money to your local hardware store. There's a good chance they may already have some pre-cut studs the size you need. If not, you should be able to find some threaded ¼-20 stud stock and cut it to size.
Good luck with your project.

Back