71 seats

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtande4

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
Hey, new to the forum. I tried the search but didn’t really find what I needed. I recently got a 71 Mach 1 at auction and it’s missi by the interior. I’ve been able to find just about everything else, but are there any companies out there that make repro seats?

Hi @Mtande4! Welcome to the forum!

They don't look identical, but we went with the TMI seats (CJ Pony Parts or NPD). The bolsters are a bit bigger and cushier, and the rails go farther back than stock (my son and I are both over 6ft).

Thanks @knn I’ll check them out. I was really hoping to stay stock but what can you do? Thanks again!

Thanks @knn I’ll check them out. I was really hoping to stay stock but what can you do? Thanks again!
I just looked again at CJP and it looks like they actually have repro seats that look stock. Not real sure how I missed that before. I’m a long way from putting in seats right now anyways but I was just trying to plan ahead a little.

Seats are not reproduced, but the upholstery and padding is. You might be able to locate a used set of seats locally to recover fairly easily by searching www.car-part.com , Craigslist or FB Marketplace. 71-73 Mustang and Cougar share the same seat frames. Early 71 had the seat back latch in the middle, vs the outer edges if that is important to you.

If not, try @OMS @Motorcity Mustang or West Coast Classic Cougar.

Back