71 Sportsroof Craigslist

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
Interesting car, even though it requires much work.

http://delaware.craigslist.org/cto/2943801841.html

alkkft.jpg

i3yn3n.jpg

14kbsdg.jpg

5ob3md.jpg

Neat car...Wish he would of posted his marti stats 1 of 1 stats so we could see the break down.....I find this a bit funny thou..lol..."The car also had a very rare black vinyl top on it which was a dealer installed option" ...Like that makes it worth more...Auctualy makes that option worthless and impossible to prove when it was stuck on the car....lol...I should email and tell him..Its "factory" installed vinyl tops that are rare and matter..You mite as well rip the top off..No one would ever know if it had one or not sence it wont be on the report..lol

No interior shots either..I couldnt imagine how bad the floor is...He says frame is is solid..Frame? He talking about the unibody? lmao..Im sorry but its always funny how some people post there mustangs huh? hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some doubts about the car. Dual exhaust valence? Racing mirrors but no sport lamps? I'd like to see the buck tag and/or Marti.

I have some doubts about the car. Dual exhaust valence? Racing mirrors but no sport lamps? I'd like to see the buck tag and/or Marti.
Me too.........He says...."3.50;1 open rear with sport suspension" Ohhh he got special suspension that we dont have ;) And 3.50:1 gears...Yes..But is it a traction lock or a standerd?..hehe

I like this too...."I have a set of year correct remanufactured heads and correct carb and intake for additional money." Awww so he tore the top end off hoping to sell it to some one else..Instead of letting it go with the car.... lmao...Looks like some one modded it at one time a little...With the HEI distribitor still in there..Looks like the humidity is hitter her hard thou....Like sm3570 said....the tail lights are shot you can tell..I couldnt imagine how bad the trunk is..Or inside..lol

Sport Suspensioon usually was the Mach 1 setup on a non- Mach car, sway bars staggered shocks. My Dad purchased a 73 with Sport Suspension in 1973. As for your other questions. Ford did spring specials to boost sales I know in 71 they did Mach 1 treatment on coupes and in 72 they did the full chrome surround front like this with sport mirrors, and NASA hood. I passed on a 72 Spring Special coupe with Q Code the guy siad it was a Mach 1 as that is what he was told by the dealership in 72 because it had the scooped hood. He wanted $3500 and the floors were gone. Every panel had a dent and the front hood lip was rusted out the chrome trim almost fell off when I raised the hood. Amazingly the engine compartment still had all the stickers on the firewall and the chrome lid cj air cleaner was perfect.

Latest posts

Back