71 Standard Grill paint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ever repainted the silver part of their standard grill?

How about the OMS and CJ Pony, do you stock the corrct silver paint?
I don't have it try,

NPD part number T-19000-1 65 - 73 grille argent

Don

I did it. I went to the local autoparts store and actually matched the silver and gray almost exactly. You will not get the right ones from any of the mustang stores. I tried for months and never got the right one. If you need the colors let me know and I will go down to advanced auto and get the names.

I did it. I went to the local autoparts store and actually matched the silver and gray almost exactly. You will not get the right ones from any of the mustang stores. I tried for months and never got the right one. If you need the colors let me know and I will go down to advanced auto and get the names.
Let me know what you used for the silver.

I used the Duplicolor Ford charcoal grey metallic for the part around the headlights and it matched excactly.

Thanks

Do you have pictures of how it turned out?

I am currently repainting my engine compartment, working on painting the grill.  Thanks for the information concerning the Duplicolor Ford Charcoal Grey Metallic paint to use around the head lights.  I noticed that it was not Semi Black or Slop Grey as most of the other parts.  I also plan to try the NPD Argent (Silver) paint for the silver area in my 1971 Standard Grille.  Do you think that will work?

Back