71 throttle cable bracket color

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revsitup

Reaction score
My Car
!971 Mustang sportsroof
Should the throttle cable bracket that bolts to the intake be engine blue or black? Or maybe they were plated ? also what color should the bracket that holds the canister on the lower passsenger side of engine compartment be? I think the canister itself is engine blue?
Thanks for any help

The throttle cable bracket was not painted. The MCA (Mustang Club of America) judging rules specify a natural finish. The bracket on my Mach 1s is slightly darker than the finish on my hood hinges which are considered phosphate. That would be the same finish you would see on the hood hinge and springs, hood latch mechanism, shock tower caps, etc.

The bracket that holds the charcoal canister should be the same color blue as the canister. If your vehicle has integral (factory) AC, there will be a smaller all-black vacuum canister with a permanently attached bracket that mounts to the upper rear of the passenger side shock tower.

Attachments

• 6a664-d1oz-b2.jpg
    6a664-d1oz-b2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 9d653-D1AZ-A2.jpg
    9d653-D1AZ-A2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 0
The throttle cable bracket was not painted. The MCA (Mustang Club of America) judging rules specify a natural finish. The bracket on my Mach 1s is slightly darker than the finish on my hood hinges which are considered phosphate. That would be the same finish you would see on the hood hinge and springs, hood latch mechanism, shock tower caps, etc.

The bracket that holds the charcoal canister should be the same color blue as the canister. If your vehicle has integral (factory) AC, there will be a smaller all-black vacuum canister with a permanently attached bracket that mounts to the upper rear of the passenger side shock tower.
Thanks for the reply

Back