7173 Mustang grille filler panel. Who's got/made this unique piece?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1000

Reaction score
My Car
1966 convertible
1971 Mach 1
1971 Cougar XR7
1967 F250 Camper Special
My brother saw this at the 50th birthday party at the Charlotte Motor speedway in April. Searched and can't seem to find anything about it. Someone here should know. Really cool piece. Looks vacuum formed.

Mustang grille panel.jpeg

That like very professional and well crafted. Not half as corny as the stainless steel ones you sometimes see.

This looks like it actually belonged there.

I am sure that would help with overall cooling also. That will dramatically prevent bleed-off of incoming air to the radiator.

I am sure that would help with overall cooling also. That will dramatically prevent bleed-off of incoming air to the radiator.
I was thinking the same thing. Its also something I will work on as I love modifications to help reliability of a vehicle.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

The holes for the hood pins should be easy enough to drill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, that vendor seems to be just another '64-'70 supplier (with the odd-ball '71-'73 part here and there).

Too bad.

I tried bought the one from that you found at Champion Mustang. It didn't fit right. I'm working with the guy and will probably return it. Has anyone had any luck finding the one in the first pic? I would love to find it.

I tried bought the one from that you found at Champion Mustang. It didn't fit right. I'm working with the guy and will probably return it. Has anyone had any luck finding the one in the first pic? I would love to find it.
Bump...anyone have any info on where to find this?

Thanks for the info...this is the one that I bought that does not fit. The passenger side fits fine but the driver side is off by over an inch. I wish it was a trimming issue but it is a big forming issue that cannot be overcome.

^

Same one as before.

I'd bet that this was custom vacuum-formed by the owner of that car.

-Kurt
That's what I'm thinking too...Tools like that are not real expensive. He probably made it out of wood. If we could track him down he could make more and pay off any investment in no time...

John

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a line on the car and the maker. The guy with his Mustang was at Carlisle. Same car I posted the thread about. He gave me name and company of the guy who made this for him. Said it's a one off but he probably could make more.

I'll post more once I contact him.

I got a line on the car and the maker. The guy with his Mustang was at Carlisle. Same car I posted the thread about. He gave me name and company of the guy who made this for him. Said it's a one off but he probably could make more.

I'd like to know the cost on that. That's a nice looking piece, even for an original build.

-Kurt

I'd like to know the cost on that. That's a nice looking piece, even for an original build.

-Kurt
I'm in too!

John

If I can buy one for under 50 bucks I'm in. If not then making a nice wooden form over which to vacuum form final copies should be fairly easy. I have some epoxy resin and glass fiber cloth left over from a boating project. I might just knock something together and try it out of glass.

I thing the hood lock panels are sort of goofy and may require adjusting the pin depth I'm thinking of making them depressions instead and cutting the depression out around the hood locks and maybe just running a rubber seal around the cut outs to finish it off.

Still it looks great-enough that I want to copy ;)

Back