7173 mustangs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My car is just plain fun to drive. Mentioned to a fellow camper one year while

driving the mountain roads in Yosemite that the car felt and handled like it was

on a track. He mentioned that is because it was designed to be on a track.

It is the most easily recognizable car that no one has ever seen before, and fast.

I am frequently approached by people wondering about the car and when I open the

hood they act like a deer caught in the headlights. Driving the car is a full time job

needing both eyes, ears, hands and feet. The car has a decent stereo system which

I never use, too distracting. The car is also easy to work on which is a good thing since

it is next to impossible to find a mechanic that knows anything about these cars. I have

spent more time and money restoring the Mustang than any other car I have owned

which speaks for itself.

mike

'71 Grande w/quench M-code, toploader, 3.50 Trak-loc and comp suspension

I love the body style of the 71-73... I have one of the only ones around in my area, so I get a lot of looks when I go for a spin or drive somewhere. I love the history of being in a forty year old car. Its the car I wanted so bad in high school and never could get my hands on one till I was in my mid thrities. Its the most relaxing/stress relief I have. After a real bad day at work nothing puts my mind at ease faster than firing up my Mach 1 and taking a spin down the highway, radio off and just listening to the exshaust.. Very relaxing at least to me.

I was driving around the burbs tonight, and this guy jumps out of his car while in his driveway and yells "I have a car just like that." So I stop, and back up to his driveway. He asks me if mine is a 73. I say yes, then he opens up his garage, and right there is another blue 1973 convertible... So there are 2 73 ,verts within a few miles of each other in my town.

cz-75 you can always take another drive and see if he hanging out in front of his house and he is you can chat with him and invite him to look at the site.

My first car was almost a 71 Mustang with a 351C in it. It was rusty from the Chicago winters and needed a lot of work but my dad test drove it without me (in 1994) for about 10 mins. He came back and said, you are not getting that car. You'll kill yourself. I never forgot that car and eventually got my 72 Coupe off of the original owner.

Fast forward 6 years, triple what I paid for it to include a V8 engine and she's truly a pleasure to drive. I have a 2012 Challenger that's pretty cool and a 70 Mustang that needs work but NOTHING matches the 71-73 series.

The car is spartan. It's classic but it's not over the top. It's a beast. The 289 C Code and dual Flowmaster 40s groan. The steering is tight, the body is solid and the paint scheme is classic 70s.

I love my 72 Mustang - there will never be a better ride.

My favorite thing about my car? It has to be that heart skipping moment every time I look at it. That feeling of excitement from just looking at it. Many times over the years I have walked out to it in the evening time, and walked around it running my hand over the body. Sitting in the driver seat and dreaming. That flutter in my stomach when I hear it, feel it, start up.

I don't know how it does it to me, but it does.
+1,000.

Whenever the project seems to be too much, I just look at it.

-Kurt

Back