7173 mustangs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPAIN72MUSTANG

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang convertible
2008 ford edge
2006 cadillac cts
well for me its the way i feel when i get in and drive around or go some where, i feel like i could drive all day and night,and i hate driveing my regular cars.lol i just feel good when the spring comes and its time to bring out the mustang and start haveing fun driveing

I love the stance and when I drove my buddies 72 sprint a few years before I got mine it felt like it rode on rails compared to another buddies 66 square top

I like the fact that around my area,it's about the only one around.I like the compliments I get from men & women alike,the thumbs up and big grins from all the young boys.I like the lime green that gets me noticed & the sound of the 460 coming off the headers that makes me heard.And I think it's cool to have a car that's still on the road even though I was 4 1/2 when it rolled off the assembly line.I like the way I feel driving a 40 year old car that no other new model could duplicate! :D

I love peoples facial expression when you pull up next to them at a red light. All they see and hear is a kick a$$ ride that plays no games.

plus it not like our old rides are seen daily on the streets..

during the warm months I use mine like a daily driver, I like the thumbs up I get and just enjoy driving with the top down.

and the complemets at car show's, and the trophies :D

20120818_195023.jpg

20120929_144305.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the attention they get...But i liked them long before i cared about that..My dad had a Oly sprint when i was 5 years old.....But it is nice pulling up too a stop light and hearing nice car!!...Or hearing girls scream wooooooooooooooooooooooo.!!.when they see it..lol..A red mach 1 "Or most stangs of our year" is defenatly the wrong car for anyone "not" wanting attention..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine gives me a smile by just walking into the garage and seeing it parked there. Of course the smile gets bigger when I'm driving it.

My favorite thing about my car? It has to be that heart skipping moment every time I look at it. That feeling of excitement from just looking at it. Many times over the years I have walked out to it in the evening time, and walked around it running my hand over the body. Sitting in the driver seat and dreaming. That flutter in my stomach when I hear it, feel it, start up.

I don't know how it does it to me, but it does.

I love the stance and the rumble from the engine. That and from what I read, I like the fact that this particular years Mustangs were considered to be the better handling ones straight out of the factory from the 1st generation group (64.5-73).

Rich

My favorite thing about my car? It has to be that heart skipping moment every time I look at it. That feeling of excitement from just looking at it. Many times over the years I have walked out to it in the evening time, and walked around it running my hand over the body. Sitting in the driver seat and dreaming. That flutter in my stomach when I hear it, feel it, start up.

I don't know how it does it to me, but it does.
yes, I'm always talking dirty to my mach1, especially when it doesn't start!!!

Just about everything. I will go out to the garage with a cold 1 sit down in the chair and just look at it.
I would get a lot more work done on mine if I didn't sit down and stare at it every 15 minutes. I love the body lines, I love the deep rumble of a finely tuned 351 Cleveland, I love looking down that long hood. Don't let my wife read this. She'll get jealous.

I would get a lot more work done on mine if I didn't sit down and stare at it every 15 minutes. I love the body lines, I love the deep rumble of a finely tuned 351 Cleveland, I love looking down that long hood. Don't let my wife read this. She'll get jealous.

I haven't heard mine rumble for 23yrs now, I do miss that sound. I remember driving by the dealers lot one night and they had display lights highlighting the body lines and I knew I had to have it.

I didn't realize I like mine as much as I do until I took my 07GT for inspection last wednesday and found out I only put 75 miles on it last year.

my first registered car in my name was a used 72 coupe in pewter w/black side stripes and nasa hood. it had rust behind the drivers rear wheel well but other than that it was a fine daily driver. sold it when i went away to college. now i have a 72 vert in wwhite with same interior color. every time i look over my right shoulder at the back seat i remember the days of my youth and the passionate nights with young girls of days long gone. Every time i open the door and smell the vinyl, nylon, aged cardboard...the gasoline, and the exhaust. Every sound from the door handle to the window glass sliding down the velvet tracks to the key sliding into the ignition and the sound of the starter...is EXACTLY as i remember it 30yrs ago...before the all the tests, the places to sign, the responsibilities, the stress, 9/11. my world was simpler then. my world was a lot more fun. My mustang is my time machine.

Back