72 Fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebind

Reaction score
My Car
72 fastback
Thought I would introduce myself finally, I have been a member since 2015 but have never made a post.  Now a disclaimer, I am not officially a 71-73 owner but I will eventually inherit my father's 1972 Fastback for which he is the original owner.  As a one owner car, this Mustang holds a lot of sentimental value to me. 

The car is very much original with a little over 71,500 miles with the most notable change from stock being the period Keystone Kustomags.  The 302/ Automatic combination is not ground breaking performance-wise but it makes for a great cruise, which I enjoy driving whenever I visit during the fair weather months.

IMG_20170930_163857688.jpg

IMG_20170930_163937039.jpg

IMG_20210828_194338444.jpg

She looks great and well cared for. Any plans for this ride once she’s in your stable?

as you are on the forum since 2015, really time to say welcome! :D

Thats a beautiful 72! 302's might not be the top of the line power wise for these years, but they certainly are undervalued!
They are very reliable and the sound they make is quite relaxing when you cruise! 

She looks great and well cared for. Any plans for this ride once she’s in your stable?
Not sure really, I will likely keep it as is for the most part and just drive it more often.  However, I wouldn't mind disc brakes up front and dual exhaust (In my research I see a system is available with an H-pipe for the 302).

Welcome from Ohio.  Very nice looking sportsroof.    I wouldn't worry about the engine. It's a 72 Mustang that belonged to your father and that's what counts.  

Back