72 Mach 1 for sale in San Diego

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stangace20

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 351C Gold Glow
1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
IMG_9210.jpg

It's official, the mach 1 is for sale....mainly cause now I'm out of the house and not there to take care of it. It has become a bit too much car for my dad, especially w/ them planning to move into a smaller house next year, and him having other projects to work on.

So if anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be, please let me know. The car was pretty extensively restored about 5 years ago by my dad and myself.

DESCRIPTION (from CL ad)

1972 Ford Mustang Mach 1. This car was restored by me four years ago and is a numbers matching car with the engine, paint and interior the same code when it left the factory. It is an original San Diego car and still lives here, have the "Marti "Report. I have all receipts for all work accomplished. The car has been garaged and covered the entire time.

VIN# 2F05H210172

2 1972

F Built at Dearborn

05 Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof

H 351-2V Engine

210172 - 210172nd Ford vehicle scheduled for production at Dearborn

Door plates

6F Gold Glow Metallic Paint

GF Ginger Sebring Knit/Corinthian Vinyl Bucket

X FMX Cruise-O-Matic Transmission

The engine was completely overhauled, the heads were ported and a new Edelbrock Performer inlet manifold and 4 barrel Edelbrock Performer 1406 carb fitted. The car has done about 2000 miles since restoration. Comes with factory air with all new hoses and valves and condenser. New dual exhaust system, the stock was a single for the 2V motor. Transmission was fully overhauled. I have all the bills for not only the engine and transmission but the many new parts fitted. New gas tank, all steering and suspension joints were replaced, all new brakes and brake hoses and wheel bearings. New power steering hoses in fact all the rubber on the car was new. The cooling system was completely replaced.

The odometer reads 68 K but total miles from new is not known. The only mechanics I did not replace were the steering box and the differential and both are good.

The paint is code 6F Gold Glow Metallic code and is in excellent condition this was an expensive body and paint job at a well known local shop, again have the receipt. The interior, code GF, was all replaced, carpets, headliner and seats. Everything is original or as original including the AM radio. This car has the factory option Sport Deck Rear Seat, a nice feature. Only the steering wheel is aftermarket. The wheels were new Magnum 500's with new Goodrich tires. The car now has straight chrome exhaust tips not the downturn ones shown in the pics.

I have won several prizes with this car at local car shows and it is a member the local Mustang Club.

I am not representing this car as perfect but it drives well and is a very attractive nice car that has more than held its own in several car shows, won prizes and gets many complimentary comments. The car is very reliable and runs very strong. It has to be one of the nicer 72's around. There are a few details that could be improved.

Asking 25k obo

580751_10150917117807757_314923653_n.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg
[/u]

IMG_4675.jpg

here's the CL ad my dad put up for it (week on 11/14/13)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/4191404392.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Stangace,

I'm sorry to see that you want to sell the Mustang on.What a shame when you and your dad have put so much time and money into doing her up.

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for you to make, as i'll bet you have formed an attachment to 'Goldie' in your own way.

It's a hard and sad thing in life when personal circumstances change and we find ourselves having to make the tough decisions that changes bring to us.

I can only hope that while you have owned the car, it has bought you much pleasure and happiness in your life.

I guess this means we wont be seeing you around the forum after you sell the car. Anyway, i hope you get the price you're asking, and have a smooth sale.

Thanks for all the replies and feedback you have given me since i've joined the forum, and if you do leave, all the very best for the future.

Greg.:)

Thanks mike, I am a bit sad to see it go, but like I told you I will still be at mustang events and all like MBTB just with a different mustang....I picked up a 91 LX Hatch 5.0 a few weeks ago, and my dad has agreed to allow some of the profit from the sale of this car go into my fund for fixing up my new fox.

So if we can sell it soon, you might have some competition at MBTB next year in the fox class,lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe not James. I'm thinking of selling my GT after the 50th show in Las Vegas. I can't believe I just said that but it's true!:s I'm hoping to be heading to paint at the end of next summer with the Mach 1. Once The Mach is panted I want to have the cash to do a 408 stroker and get it driving. So I'm thinking I may have to sell the GT.Maybe if the crappy economy gets better and I start working full time again I will keep it.:mad:

Back