72 mach 1 on Ebay $59k...Too Wonky?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to chuckle when I looked at your second pic. It shows the cross-fire air cleaner. While also used on the Corvettte with the original ugly GM inlet tube, the cover was actually designed for use on the Camaro with a styled inlet tube. This was designed and prototyped by yours truly when I worked at Canadian Fram/Bendix in or around 1979/80. Here's a pic of it on a Camaro.
That is good stuff rite there... we go from ball-busting on these two overpriced hack job phony ponies to waking up your memories and our new knowledge, because of a sticker! 👍🏻

That is good stuff rite there... we go from ball-busting on these two overpriced hack job phony ponies to waking up your memories and our new knowledge, because of a sticker! 👍🏻
Thanks. Those were the days when it was fun to go to work.
That car is a Z28 btw. I think GM used that air cleaner on Firebirds as well. Back in the day, we would often do a rework or completely new cleaner without even knowing the application. Most of the work we did was for Chrysler vehicles. Oh the air cleaners I have scooped back then, 6 packs, hemi's and more, but being a good honest guy.............

Thanks. Those were the days when it was fun to go to work.
That car is a Z28 btw. I think GM used that air cleaner on Firebirds as well. Back in the day, we would often do a rework or completely new cleaner without even knowing the application. Most of the work we did was for Chrysler vehicles. Oh the air cleaners I have scooped back then, 6 packs, hemi's and more, but being a good honest guy.............
Two of my brothers are Mopar guys so if you have some goodies for a RR or Cuda to get rid of let me know...

Two of my brothers are Mopar guys so if you have some goodies for a RR or Cuda to get rid of let me know...
Yeah sorry. Like I said I was an honest guy, but I do know quite a few of those goodies, that we had no idea would be worth a small fortune today, did go walkies.
As far as I know, most of the tooling was sold to a company which may have been intending to reproduce those now priceless air cleaners.
I also wish I'd scooped a box or two of vacuum motors and components, along with heat riser tubes and inlet cold air tubes and......................... Oh those were the days!

I found some links that 80-83 vettes used the "caution fan w/arrow" stickers. Not sure if other OEM's did as well but it makes sense to me that the mullet boys back then needed to keep their distance.. and know there was a thingy there spinning fast to help keep the engine temps under control. 👍🏻
I don't think 83 vettes had any kind of stickers.... at all.

Back