72 Mach 1 project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra94svt

Reaction score
My Car
1965 fastback, 1965 coupe, 1966 coupe, 1979 Indy Pace car, 1989 notch, 1994 cobra, 2001 GT vert

New member on here and thought I would start a build thread of the Mach 1 I have in the shop. The car got delivered to the shop yesterday from Seattle and will be starting on it as quickly as possible. Im sure the new owner will chime in as we are both new forum members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much, the previous owner had put in floors, aprons and shock towers. All new suspension, brakes, engine, 4 speed, 9" all rebuilt. Still a lot to do to lol.

Looks like a very nice car to start with, looking forward to the progress. Ryan

Nice car! Looks almost like mine! I don't believe the color on the key fob is correct though. Mine is "medium lime green metallic," not "ivy glow."

Been unpacking the car from shipping ing and doing an inventory of what's here. The cowl will need some work, need to find all the brackets that spot weld to the bottom. Found some more gems in boxes today

Couple of updates. Mostly been taking inventory of what's missing and what we have for the car. Got the dash out, stripped everything and got it in the blaster. Got wiring off to Midlife. Got the floors all clean ready for some primer and seam sealer. Need to locate some brackets off of the bottom of the cowl.

upload photos free online

Got the floors all done up front. Need to do some detailing on the engine bay so it had to come out.

All important numbers on the engine and on the 4 speed. Everything matches!!

Stripped everything off the cowl and out of the engine bay. Getting everything ready for primer, seam sealer and undercoating, more primer then finally the correct black for the engine bay and some slop grey.

Back