72 Mach before and after photos

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mach 1 351 ram air
[url=https://ibb.co/R9rNbJs][img]https://i.ibb.co/376vdPj/DSC06636.jpg[/img][/url]
72 Mach, CA car, rare 351 2V with Ram Air

Air Cond, AM/FM, PS, PB, tilt wheel, sport deck rear seat, console, sports interior, convenience group, magnum 500's, ect...

I cannot find a single car like in on the web.  Bright Blue metallic with the argent hood (because of Ram Air), yet

no side stripes or spoilers.  I'm going to keep it this way just as it came from Dearborn.

I made the ultimate mistake and bought it sight unseen off Ebay.  I decided that since I made the mistake, I had to go through the

car and "make things right".  After I had the car 1 week, I found the Bring-a-trailer auction where the dishonest guy I bought it from got it.

It was for sale for $7,000.  I paid 12k. The car had sat outside in a slanted upward driveway for over 10 years.   Cowl rusted out, water sat inside for all those years and the floor pans rusted out.

5 years later, every single piece in interior, engine compartment, trunk, was reconditioned or replaced. New suspension. Everything is as new as can be. Either blasted bare in my cabinet or POR15'd.

Hundreds of pieces from NPD and others,  every weatherstrip, ect...Took hundreds and hundreds of pictures.

I realize I did things backwards.  The car is done but could really use a paint job.

I just didn't know where I was heading when I started the project.

I'm pretty pleased now that the work is done.

Thought I'd share a few before and after photos. 

Thanks for all the help from the 7173Mustangs.com community.

Now what to do with all my spare time?

That is a nice looking car. Very nice job on all of the work that you have done.

What to do with your spare time, uh, DRIVE IT

You can eat off of that! Love the blue interior, great looking car.

A 2V ram air. Does that make sense?

Enjoy your car :)

V.
Vinnie,

Remember Ford screwed up the certification of the 351 4-V with ram air and decided not to redo it so only 2-V for most of 72 and all of 73 with ram air.

Thanks guys, it has been a labor of love for sure. I really felt this car deserved better than to have had to sit outside and slowly die.

Hard to believe it'll be 50 in a few years!

I stumbled upon this website when I first started the project and was amazed at the

dedication of this group of people to these cars.

I had been an early Mustang guy all of my life. (got my 67 fstbk 39 years ago.)

Again, I appreciate this website very much as I went through this car.

I would love to get it painted now....(that was covered in another post. not easy here in bay area, Ca)

Back