72 Mach1 Newbie

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Americankiwi

Reaction score
Hi guys...Just joined the Forums..Some of you have already seen my intro on FB...but for those that haven't..I'd been chasing a 72 Mach1 for years that a junkyard in Southern AZ had, but they were asking too much...I finally was able to buy it last week...the door Data sticker is missing or painted over..I've not had much time to really go over the car...it was originally Silver or Pewter with a Red interior,  351c 2v... 

..John in Sierra Vista AZ

20200812_120248_resize_63.jpg

20200804_160237_resize_54.jpg

20200801_150411_resize_54.jpg

Welcome from Idaho!  Congrats on your new endeavor. That Red Vermilion interior will be a challenge for sure. Im still getting all my stuff together. Problem is matching the color from so many vendors. Seems every vendor has a different shade, so some rattle can dye will bring it together.  

Again......WELCOME ABOARD  

Hello and welcome from SW Ontario, Canada,

There is some interesting artwork on that one. Hoping your intent will back to the original as much as possible. Good luck with your find. 

Stanglover.

I think I will stay with the original colors inside and out
Sounds great, we're here to help. No such thing as a "dumb" question........ can't say the same for the answers!!! lol.

Personally, I think you might get better responses on the Forum rather than on the F/B page. Both have their advantages.

Here's a pic of my car in Light Pewter, code V. but the interior is black. I had a 72 H code in code V with the vermillion interior. It looked awesome. Another car I wish I'd kept. I may still have a pic of it, I'll look in the archives.

1971 Mach 1 Mustang (2)_LI.jpg

I think I will stay with the original colors inside and out
Absolutely! 

The light color on the outside.....white, silver ?  and the red inside makes it look like a jewelry box inside  :thumb:  

Welcome to the Mustang club !
From SE Michigan

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I just requested the Deluxe Marti-report with an extra door data label, as mine is missing...Drilled the trunk lock out yesterday,

( I'm replacing the cylinders anyways)

found some goodies in there! ..got the Radiator, A/C condenser, A/C compressor, power steering pump, all with their brackets, the Fan shroud ...the cross braces for the struts, an extra brake booster..this is a power disc brake car...and some other odds and ends like power steer hoses, A/C hoses etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Back