• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

72 Mustang Coupe For Sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe Hard Top w/ 69,000 original miles.
Bright Red w/ Black Interior
Standard 6 cylinder 250 CI 1V
3 speed Manual Tranny
This Mustang has been in my family since my dad purchased it for my Mom in 72 form the local Ford dealership in Ft Collins, CO. My dad had it painted once (same as original) and had the dash pad replaced. other then that it is all original. I am in a quandry as to whether I want to keep it original or upgrade the engine and tranny. Just don't know yet. A nice powerful Mustang sounds really tempting.
Well, I hate to sell the Mustang but I gave it to my son a while back and he has been driving it some (but not as a daily driver) keeping it up and in good shape and in a garage under a car cover. Now he wants to sell it, so I told him I'd put it up here. It has been in the family since my dad bought it in 1972 new. It has the original inline 6 with original 3 speed manual. The interior is all original except for the dash-pad (the interior is in immaculate shape). It has had one re-spray on the paint (bright red). It runs great. He's asking $13,000. Please PM me for more info or if you wish to make an offer. We live in the Temecula, CA area (SoCal). I hate to see it go, but it's his car and he's going to use the proceeds to help with school. Oh yeah... It has 71,700 original miles on it.

View attachment 39078

72_Stang_Left.jpg

SOLD

72 Stang Right.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As David said. Would be very hard for me to let go of a car my dad had given I lost him back in 2010. I wish I could find his 72 challenger he bought new back in 72. Was black with white and a 440 six pack with a 4 speed. I'm not a mopar guy but if I could find it and get it I'd never let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back