• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

72 R code for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a car I saw at a LI show last year, there are only a few out here so it could be that one, if it's the same one it was reasonably solid

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they came with solid lifters. I used to own a 72 R Code. Listening to the rattle of the lifters was one way to ratify that the motor was indeed an HO and not a transplant Q Code motor. Only came with the 4 speed as well. Wish the car was closer.

seen this ad. anyone know that history of the car?

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/4109727392.html
Yeah, I just joined the forum to see what these cars are all about. I got this car as a gift in 1992 when I was 18. Nobody knew how rare of a car it was at the time, just knew it was cool and fast. Did some amature patch work on the rear quarters and a paint job. The decal kit was in the trunk (incomplete) as seen in the pics. The brakes were done, the motor rebuilt, new clutch. It was built by me for my father, he rearely drove it because it was to noisy or to hot, he was used to his f-150. It has been sitting around my shop collecting dust. I have camaro project that I want to finish, so I posted an ad on craigslist. The first guy to look at it brought allot of things to my attention, soo I started doing my homework only to find out that it is a very rare car. It kills me to get rid of it but my heart lies with my Camaro. I would like to get as much as I could for the car. I am not looking to rip anyone off. I am very honest in my add. If anyone one has any questions please feel free to ask. Later Guys

Good Luck with the sale! Hope someone that appreciates what it is can take it back to it's former glory. Good luck with that other car Junior.

Just came back from thwe Bald Hill car show today ( lots of nice cars ) and I saw the blue Mach that I had prev mentioned in this thread and it was not the same car (72 R code) as the orig poster sited on craigslist

W/ a CJ air cleaner & power windows I question it's an R code. I've read that no 'R' came w/ power windows.

Back