72 Sprint interior parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey whats up?? I am restoring a 73 Mach 1 but was given a 72 Sprint for parts. The only problem is the 72 spent the better part of 20 years in a woods and yes a tree fell on it busted the rear window and drivers door window, not much left of the interior, all body panels either bent or rusted beyond use. When i get home i will look and see if anything usable on interior, if it is i will let you know. Going on vacation to Myrtle Beach the 8th of Sept and could drop parts if any to you on way.

I believe for the money and NO difference I would buy stickers/decals new. Remember Eddie with the white Trans Am? He bought all NOS stripes ect..... for it and they would not stick. Keep that in mind if the stickers/decals are 40 years old so is the adhesive on them.

Hey whats up?? I am restoring a 73 Mach 1 but was given a 72 Sprint for parts. The only problem is the 72 spent the better part of 20 years in a woods and yes a tree fell on it busted the rear window and drivers door window, not much left of the interior, all body panels either bent or rusted beyond use. When i get home i will look and see if anything usable on interior, if it is i will let you know. Going on vacation to Myrtle Beach the 8th of Sept and could drop parts if any to you on way.
I'm an hour from Myrtle. We need to talk.

Mark where do you live? My uncle is Pageland. The car you are picking up is half hour from him.

Mark where do you live? My uncle is Pageland. The car you are picking up is half hour from him.
I'm 20 miles west of Wilmington. About 2-1/2 to 3 hours from Monroe.

I believe for the money and NO difference I would buy stickers/decals new. Remember Eddie with the white Trans Am? He bought all NOS stripes ect..... for it and they would not stick. Keep that in mind if the stickers/decals are 40 years old so is the adhesive on them.
Yeah, I think I mentioned that to someone. Not on here though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke with Evans (Susansguy) tonight. Great fella. He's going to look at his parts car for any salvagable trim pieces that may still be on the car. He then offered to drop them off next week on his way to Myrtle Beach. Telling you ya gotta love the members of this forum!

Hello Folks !

I 'll check that at home next weekend, I could maybe find something in good shape !

I know that I have both front seats and rear SPRINT 72 seats too but the upsolthery need to be change. I should have few interior plastic parts in hands too...but I have to check that first !

Canadian or USA Sprint 72 are the same for all...instead of fews things like rear shield emblems and export tag on driver's door...and for sure the DSO !!

I will email you back next weekend (because I'M out of town for business) to see what I still have !

TAKE CARE !

ERIC SHINK ('72 MUSTANG SPRINT COUPE Canadian limited edition)

[email protected]
Eric,

Is this reasonable for OEM? Googled it and couldn't find another set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1972-Ford-Mustang-Maverick-Spirit-America-Decals-/120914691944?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c2713c768

Good Evening Mark73,

well for me it's reasonnable...I have 3 other NOS USA set like those one in hands and I will surelly sell those for Sprint fanatics...around that price for sure...Guys that really want to make an investissement should restore there Sprint like it was orignally! But It depends what you really want...If it for a driver car only...you don't need them I think but If you want to to have a better value for your money at the end I think it will be better !

I'm a FORD number maniac so...I like that completely orignal but I respect all those that want to make them with repro parts or used parts but like I told you If you want to have more at the end for your money It should be make like the factory made it !

I think It's personnal to all owner... I have a NOS SPRINT side set stripes in hand and 3 Rear NOS USA flags set in hands too but for sure you could find some repro parts for a lot less of those NOS parts...that depends what you really want and depends on your restoration budget too!

FOR ME NOS FORD PARTS ARE THE BEST !

but you do what you want !

PS: I had put you a pic of my CANADIAN shields emblems and you see the original USA shield emblem and Ford NOS paper instruction and package that I had in my portable computer to show you !!! lolllllll

CHEERS!

ERIC SHINK (Sprint72es)::yourock::

2F01F184841-6.jpg

I got up with Scotty Strickland in Oxford,NC. Turns out he has SEVERAL Sprint Coupes. Told him to take inventory and try to take it easy on me. Don at OMS has a solid 72. Looks like I may need to take a trip to Ohio. Don't think UPS will deliver what I need.

I got up with Scotty Strickland in Oxford,NC. Turns out he has SEVERAL Sprint Coupes. Told him to take inventory and try to take it easy on me. Don at OMS has a solid 72. Looks like I may need to take a trip to Ohio. Don't think UPS will deliver what I need.
Awesome! I need to make a trip to Scotty and see what I can buy!

Back