72 with Roll/Style Bar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is out of a late model. With the roll down rear window and speaker just in liine with the bar, I'd be shocked if it served any purpose beyond cosmetic.

They have done some odd touches on the car. Interesting
No shock as its cosmetic only. But would be cool if it had the 3rd brake in the center.

black mirrors look weird to me

Not a fan of the bar.

Funny how they fail to accurately depict the car --

"Born as a classic '72 stallion with a 351 Cleveland this Mustang "

SHOULD HAVE READ - Born as a classic '72 stallion with a 98 horsepower 1 barrel carb'd 6 cylinder this Mustang ...

250 c.i. I-6 1V Carburetor

C.R. 8.0:1

Horsepower 98@3400

Torque 197@1600

You have to scroll down there are dozens of pictures.
Weird, I looked for them but couldn't find any. Hmmm, this new internet thing is hard to understand but it's never gonna catch on anyway. :)

I'll go and check again.

Ok, I found the pics.

I'd like the roll bar if it didn't have those round shoulders. This way it looks more like an arch than a roll bar and it doesn't go with the lines of the car at all.

This being said, I almost cringed when I read the description.

Why emphasize that it "shed its normal insignia and trim to become a Mach 1 Clone car.", when you immediately follow up with two things that have nothing to do with a Mach1?

" Sporting chrome bumpers, front spoiler.." Great all those DON'T make it a Mach1.

Then you have chrome fender extensions and hood molding... Mach1? Nope!

Aaaaand, a standard grille... Looks very Mach1ish... Not!

Should I mention the missing rocker panel black out?

The only thing that really is Mach1 clone on this car is the fender decal.

I'm not saying the car sucks or anything but it's only a normal vert with a decal!!!!!

Why give us the "Mach1 tribute" speach when you did NOTHING to emulate it.

Those things make me mad (make that "furious"!!).

I am the last one who does not appreciate a vert set up as the Mach1 vert that never was, but this?!?! Does this guy even know what a load of horse crap he is writing?

Ok, I took some deep breaths. :)

There are a few things I actually like on this car that have nothing at all to do with his stupid claims. In fact, he doesn't mention them at all.

I really like the blacked out convertible top boot moldings and the black sill plates. I did the blackout on the window frame and it looked great and these details would take that idea a step further. I really like that. Might be the next job to tackle on the Luxstang.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trying to hijack this thread but I do find it cool how folks like Mike (Luxstang) can find ideas off others messed up Mustangs.

Good job. Take the good stuff/ideas and discard the rest.

I see so many Mustangs that people want to modify that are just not done well or thought out thoroughly. The other situation is sadly most of those owners give up wayyy before their vision is completed!

Ray

No shock as its cosmetic only. But would be cool if it had the 3rd brake in the center.
I was thinking the same thing as I scrolled through the pics.

Too bad the painter painted over the door latches and door catch hardware. Also rubber seal missing on passenger door. Makes you wonder about the level of detail in the overall job.

As much as I like to see the prices climb on the 71/73's, this one seems over priced to me IMHO,

Not trying to hijack this thread but I do find it cool how folks like Mike (Luxstang) can find ideas off others messed up Mustangs.

Good job. Take the good stuff/ideas and discard the rest.
Thanks Ray.

Just to clarify:

I don´t actually think it´s really messed up. I kinda like it, except for the black mirrors and the shape of the roll bar.

My rant was about the emphasis on "We made a great Mach1 clone car" when they did not even get close to that.

I think it´s a cool car with a few flaws (Mike pointed out the painted over door latches and strikers which always turn me off) and a Mach1 decal, no problem. I´d drive it as is.

That bar... I don't mind the idea, but this example of execution is just missing the mark for me. For one, it looks too beefy, which comes from it being off of a later model mustang. A simple tubular design, or even better is fabbed with the more late model design but perhaps the thickness of the rear spoiler might feel more warranted. This just looks more like a random handle off of a bucket or something. And the other thing that irks me is the fact the lines in the 71-73 mustangs build off of one another so beautifully and this just suddenly pokes straight up screaming here I am. Thin it out, shorten it even an inch, and make it sit at a vertical angle somewhere in between the windshield and top front of the quarter panel and you might really have something that both catches the eye but could make a few people, (no one on this site, obviously) question if it was a rare option. If it's cosmetic, make it pretty at least. My .02 cents and I'm sure someone out there loves it. But as it sits I'm not the one.

Back