'73 8-track player help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mach73

Reaction score
My Car
'73 Mach 1
Alright i will post pics (got up early on weekend to get this sucker lined out) in a bit of just what I'm talking about. But a quick synopsis of what happening... AM radio works fine other than presets... all speakers work fine (better than expect actually), so she is wired properly. Alright, the 8-track motor/belt are in fine operating condition (when properly grounded) The head has been cleaned via q-tip/90% isopropyl. The only thing i can think of is that the head is out of alignment needing adjustment... Now there is a part that looks like a threaded end of a bolt with a flat head notch in it that only goes so far in or out, but i cannot see it moving any parts inside the machine. Now let me get some pictures so we are all on the same page. TY in advance!

Heh meant to say i don't know how to adjust the head, but am guessing that may be it, if it is the i believe something else is wrong bc i played with it when it was plugged up last. Also any other suggestions or fixes would be great TY again.

Here's the Pic of what i believe may be the head adjustment, and if it is then I'm pretty lost on what to do next.

IMG109.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well thats good news, at least when i find the head adjustment i can still try that heh. Thanks for the reply. Otherwise its pretty expensive for my pocket book at least to get it fixed professionally

You mean should visually see it move? the only thing i have to go off of since i have no sound was a vid of a guy changing tracks on you tube and if thats the case then no it does NOT change tracks.

Well, i found a fix but its not the fix i wanted. Apparently the mid 70's to mid 80's model trucks fit the 69-73 model mustangs cougars and tourinos. NOT original which i dislike but the unit I'm thinking about getting is super clean and has FM along with AM/8 track, fixed but not so much

Last edited by a moderator:
Back