73 convert at Phoenix Nascar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
I went to the NASCAR race today. There was a small car show inside the event. I was surprised to see a 73 convertible mustang. It was the ONLY mustang represented.

There were about 2 dozen cars total. A 61 custom Lincoln drop top. Some rat rods. A few 'ricers'.

Among the small group was this gem:

A solid car. Not perfect but a nice restoration for sure. I would be proud to own it. I couldn't locate the owner and I didn't have a card with me but there was a web site advertised so I will contact them and let them know about our family.

I stood back and watched and there was more interest than I expected for a 73 Mustang. It's a good looking car and I think our model is starting to get some love from the general population. ;)

Damn, I was gonna comment on the plate as well ;-)

"Dirk" is a Dutch and perhaps also German name btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess he had heard about the "Dry Heat" in the South West and wanted to experience it. Also needed to see what "Dry Rust" was all about and how it related to these age cars that seem to grow rust! :whistling:

I looked for the owner but for the most part there were no owners to be found for most of the cars. This wasn't a standard car show set up.

I am glad he is already on this site. It's a great looking car. The engine compartment looks like a lot of attention to detail was done.

Anyways I was happy to see it. It got a lot of attention.

Latest posts

Back