73 convertible starts/ stops

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bailer01

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Just started happening with my top. Whether it's up or down, if I go to put the top up, the motor will run for a few seconds, top moves then nothing. No motor sound and no movement. after a few seconds I will hit the switch again and motor runs and top moves, but then stops. Is this a relay issue?

Welcome from Texas!

You may also want to post your question in the Tech Forums, Electrical, Lighting & Electronics section. More members knowledgeable on electrical will see it there.

Welcome from Texas!

You may also want to post your question in the Tech Forums, Electrical, Lighting & Electronics section. More members knowledgeable on electrical will see it there.
Just started happening with my top. Whether it's up or down, if I go to put the top up, the motor will run for a few seconds, top moves then nothing. No motor sound and no movement. after a few seconds I will hit the switch again and motor runs and top moves, but then stops. Is this a relay issue?
I had a similar issue~ the circuit breaker would die~after a while reboot itself then work just for a short time then nothing. Circuit breakers are inexpensive. My power windows were also affected by this as they are both sharing the circuit breaker.

Back