• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vehicles For Sale 73 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crestline

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang convertible
I have a 73 vert that i am going to sell and would like some input on market value. I want to be fair to myself and the potential buyer. I've looked at what I believe to be comparable Mustangs, and it looks like they are priced from $26k to $32k.
My pony has a 351C 2 bbrl, FMX tranny, 2.75 posi-trak, a/c, and deluxe interior, but no gages. I bought the car from my neighbor 20 years ago and drove it very little. My neighbor had the engine and tranny rebuilt so his daughter could drive it. I've put a new fuel tank, fuel filler pipe, sending unit, electric fuel pump, rebuilt the carb, new plugs, wires cap and rotor, and it has electronic ignition, new brakes all round, and the air conditioner was upgraded 20 years ago shortly after I bought it. The top, exterior paint and interior are all in good shape. I recently put new tires on it. I'm located in SE Kansas near Joplin, Mo. Does the $26 to $32k price range seem reasonable?
73 Must1side.jpg

Attachments

• Must4.jpg
    Must4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Must5.jpg
    Must5.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I'd say a 4 speed would bring you to the high end and FMX to the low, but yes the range looks good to me.

A/C on a vert is always a nice option.

Try looking at CLASSIC.com. for market trends. It is a bit clunky to use and laggy on factoring the very latest sales but, is based on actual selling price. The Insurance companies valuation guides are slanted to the low side, they are insurance companies. American collector and Corvette museum insurance valuations are not terrible but, they are insurance companies. Register on the Mecum Auction site to view actual sale prices as well. I'm looking to sell my Mach1 as well. It is a great car but I don't drive it enough to warrant keeping it. I will never do another Concours Driven car again. Good luck on the sale. Chuck

Try looking at CLASSIC.com. for market trends. It is a bit clunky to use and laggy on factoring the very latest sales but, is based on actual selling price. The Insurance companies valuation guides are slanted to the low side, they are insurance companies. American collector and Corvette museum insurance valuations are not terrible but, they are insurance companies. Register on the Mecum Auction site to view actual sale prices as well. I'm looking to sell my Mach1 as well. It is a great car but I don't drive it enough to warrant keeping it. I will never do another Concours Driven car again. Good luck on the sale. Chuck
Chuck, thanks for the suggestions..
It's difficult to sell a Mustang that you have had for a while. Good luck to you too
Ken

Why not put it on eBay at auction and see what it brings? You can put a reserve of whatever you feel comfortable selling the car for, and see where it goes. All you need are 2 buyers that really like the car to get the price up there. Car has a great look with the wheels and the color combo. Clean it really good inside and out, detail it, and put some really good photos with everything you know about the car. You could be surprised at how much it brings...

I've thought about ebay, but i would prefer to have a buyer see it in person and drive it. it takes away the potential for issues with buyers that get caught up in bidding and then have second thoughts and blame a refusal on an imperfection that i didnt happen to get a photo of. I don't know, may not be an issue, but I would rather deal with someone face to face....but thanks for the suggestion.

I offered mine up here on forum but since everyone already has their own mustang, have had no bites...still have mine and will take my time to find new home...does have more options and totally stock original. Prices are climbing upward but does take a solid smart buyer who can afford to purchase and appreciates our specific 71/73 examples. My forum ad is in “for sale” classifieds for how I presented the Convertible. Too many low ball bidders on bidding sites, but several years ago I sold on Craigslist a 1969 Wimbledon white 351w convertible to a couple in Connecticut at my asking price, its condition was about 85%(I lived in Florida at the time), so it only takes the right “one” buyer...

$26 - $32 is not unreasonable. If absolutely no rust is on the car (anywhere), you ought to be able to hit at the upper range, as long as everything is working properly mechanically. For some reason it seems the 73 Mustangs are aaa little less desirable than 71-72, or even 70 and earlier models. Perhaps it is because the energy absorbing bumpers were a little heavier due to manufacturing requirements that year. No matter, we have two 73 Mustangs (one is a Convertible), and I can say they are both marvelous vehicles. If we had more storage room in our corral I would be reaching out to you re: your vert. But, alas, we are full up, nowhere else to store more pony cars.

Attachments

• AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_4of4_20211007.JPG
    AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_4of4_20211007.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 2
$26 - $32 is not unreasonable. If absolutely no rust is on the car (anywhere), you ought to be able to hit at the upper range, as long as everything is working properly mechanically. For some reason it seems the 73 Mustangs are aaa little less desirable than 71-72, or even 70 and earlier models. Perhaps it is because the energy absorbing bumpers were a little heavier due to manufacturing requirements that year. No matter, we have two 73 Mustangs (one is a Convertible), and I can say they are both marvelous vehicles. If we had more storage room in our corral I would be reaching out to you re: your vert. But, alas, we are full up, nowhere else to store more pony cars.
You've got a very nice lineup of cars. i agree that the 73 is a nice driver, as well as eye candy. with the high speed rear end its a road cruiser.
thanks for the input.
Ken

Latest posts

Back