73 front plate bracket bolts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73greengold

Reaction score
My Car
73 convertible
302 2bbl
Ram Air
Guys, does anyone know what size bolts I need to mount my front plate bracket to my urethane bumper?

Marty

i had to install new bolts when i put mine in. i believe they are 3/8 fine thread (3/8x24) and you really can put some long bolts into there. i can check as well in the morning.

i had to install new bolts when i put mine in. i believe they are 3/8 fine thread (3/8x24) and you really can put some long bolts into there. i can check as well in the morning.
Thanks guys, beats the hell of of guessing and buying different bolts at the hardware store. That way usually assures me at least 2 trips to the store before I find the right ones.;)

There are 6 bolts that are across the bottom of the bumper. It is held on with the 2 middle bolts. They look like 5/16 - 1 1/8 from the bottom of the washer.

Here's a link for bumper bolts from OMS. I think these are the ones you need or if you have any of the 6 bottom bumper bolts they should be the same. Just match it up.

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=2071

Back