• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

73 gas tank Fuel Vapor separator

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My Car
Restoring 1973 Mustang Coupe. Dream Car
I have a 73 coupe. Trying to install a new gas tank. Found another item lost by body shop. I am looking for the top of the gas tank fuel separator cap that fits on the gas tank at the top and then has a line sending the vapors up to the front of engine bay to the Ford blue Vapor Canister. I will post photo. Thanks so much. :( Kat.

image.jpg

For what it's worth and a little unrelated.... for those who don't vent back to the front like myself, I bought myself a Newton TPV8 valve.

It just connects to the part above (pictured) just where the rubber tube connects to the hard line behind the tank.

Easily accessible from under the car.

This valve will open up at a certain pressure to let air in the tank, eg, when fuel is being used up, a partial vac is being created, or just when the fuel tank is cooling from a hot trip outside.

It also does the opposite. It will let air out when pressure builds up due to the fuel expanding on a hot day.

So, in my case, it's just a set and forget job...

:D Found a unit thanks to this site. Junk yards are very hard to find for parts. Thanks for the help!

Kat.

Back