73 mach 1 color front position light bezel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73 q code

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q- code Mach 1
What color does it comes with, black as stripes or body color? In sales brochures it has both!1973-ford-mustang-brochure-05.jpg

Attachments

• 1973-ford-mustang-brochure-05.jpg
    1973-ford-mustang-brochure-05.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 0
The marker light bezel should be black or argent, depending on the stripe color.

The brochures will sometimes have items that don't make it to production, such as the blacked out taillight bezels in the image on the left, those were only used on 71-72 cars.

If you are referring to the front side marker light bezel and the fender within the side stripes around the bezel, mine came from the factory in the argent color. I think it was black or argent (matching the stripes) if the car had a TU-TONE hood which used the same black or argent paint as the factory had to paint the hood this way and it would have been relatively convenient to do the bezel area at the same time. If the car didn't have the TU-TONE hood I think it was left body color, the factory skipping the additional masking/ painting step. I base this on pictures of about a dozen or so 73 Mach 1s I have seen with original paint (primarily Mustang Monthly and this forum and that mine was that way when I bought it in 1978).

I have had my 73 Mach 1 since July of 1973 (original owner). The car came with the bezel painted in body colour but then covered by the black decal that is part of the side decals. A friend of mine has a 73 Mach 1 with silver decals and it is the decal that covers the marker bezel.

Back