73 mach 1 from NY

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

downwardspiral

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
2011 Mustang GT- Vortech v3 kit, custom tune and intake. MT ET Street slicks. Goes good
04 Mountaineer - daily
Hey guys! I have a 73 mach 1 with a 3.73 trac lok 9", toploader trans, 351c 2v with an MSD 6a and billet distrbutor. I've had the car for 7 years and plan on keeping it for a while. The suspension is a couple years old, it sits a little lower than a stock mach 1. I recently replaced the cowl panel, heater core and blower motor. I'm in the process of converting to MPFI using megasquirt 2 v3 and putting the dash back together. Future plans include a 70-80mm turbo :D.

downwardspiral-albums-balls-weiners-picture2963-lower.jpg

WELCOME aboard!!

I am really interested in your Megasquirt installation.

Perhaps you could start a BLOG here on the site relative to the issues and circumstances related to that effort. I understand this (the Megasquirt) is a fiscally responsible approach to fuel injection. If not a blog, perhaps you could start a thread on the subject in the "Engine, Drivetrain and Performance" forum.

Again. WELCOME to the site!!!

BT

Welcome to the site. That is a mean looking car .I thought of painting mine low gloss black but my girlfriend/wife beat me to it with her 74 Nova hahaha.you can see her car in the gallery under other vehicles. I was thinking of doing a reverse paint job. Low gloss with bright red stripes and hood graphics but I'm still undecided.Still have a year or two to think about it.

Thanks everyone! I'll start a seperate thread about the MS swap if you are interested. As for the low gloss paint, hot rod flatz makes nice, reasonably priced kits if you want to paint it yourself. I used rattlecans, but when I spring for a nice paint job I'll be using some hue of the flatz.

Thanks everyone! I'll start a seperate thread about the MS swap if you are interested. As for the low gloss paint, hot rod flatz makes nice, reasonably priced kits if you want to paint it yourself. I used rattlecans, but when I spring for a nice paint job I'll be using some hue of the flatz.
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back