73 Mach 1 one in German Movie

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Hi, here´s some footage from a German movie called "Autobahnraser". It was kind of a rip off of "the Fast and the Furious" going "comedy". I put comedy between " " because the jokes were more stupid than funny, but.... well.

The interesting part is that is was mainly shot in Luxembourg in the immediate surroundings of where I used to live. They closed a freeway next to my hometown to film part of the stunts at night. I remember that they had put German exit signs over our roadsigns that stayed on for a few weeks, so it was funny to take an exit ramp with a sign reading the name of some German town that was hundreds of kilometers away. :) Shoulda taken a pic back then.

The daylight scenes were filmed on a new strip of freeway that was not yet open to traffic.

The producers asked our Mustang club if anybody was wanting to provide their Mustang for the shooting of the film but nobody would agree, which in hindsight was a good thing, as the Mustang did not survive. It was not crashed in the movie but behind the scenes the driver made a mistake and buried it a yard deep in one of those plastic tuning cars (that actually belonged to a kid that was happy to have his car in a movie in a minor role as background vehicle. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa2VnVEC5f4&feature=related

I´ll post it in the Youtube section too....

Last edited by a moderator:
I love seeing video's of these cars in action; I'm always driving mine so never get to see what it looks like cruising down the road......

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking 73.
Not anymore! :mad:

Wanna see the stupid movie! Ñame?!? :)
Believe me Damian, you don´t wanna waste 2 hours of your life on that! :)

Anyway the movie is called "Autobahnraser".

Did not find it online to download so, i may earn 2 more hours of not boring life here :p

Anyhow... i do love to see our cars fashioning a movie :)

Back