• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

73 Mach I --parting out

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
OK guys here are the pics of the 73 Mach I mentioned in an earlier post.

I have already pulled a few items. But as the thread indicates I am parting it out. The motor is a 351W. Transmission is a FMX. I acquired the car for parts and now hope to help another 73 owner. I am looking to sell the items unique to 73 that are usable first. I have a friend who might need some of the 71/2 parts, so I am trying to hang onto them for now. Windsor motor parts are not needed since his car is Cleveland.

I got the car in this condition. Shame it suffered so much but a donor it shall be. There might not be much here. I have pulled the front bumper with mounting brackets. Bumper and brackets are solid. I can post pics of this piece - maybe in a different thread? I have also pulled the hood latch/bracket assy.

The old Ranchero/Torino hood was just an attempt to cover the engine. Probably not helping much but...

I have quite a few pics available - let me know what you want to see.

Hate to post too many! - I'm not really sure of best way to post them anyway...

Thanks.

Ray

11ghmx5.jpg

2r2cf3q.jpg

ix3wqp.jpg

Any interior parts? Fold down rear seat? or if it had fold down, I need the frame and chassis brackets that are spot welded in place.

Looking for long console, rear bumper mount brackets (although it looks like this car is hit hard in the rear)

Thanks.

Not a fold down seat car. Interior pieces either gone or too far gone. Yes car took heavy damage. The rear bumper and mounting areas are too mangled. I would not recommend anything structural in that area. Sorry. The front bumper and brackets are really not too bad at all.

Ray

Hey Ray!!! how are you??

Bring the car to Uruguay and i fix it! :p jeje

Hey... i´m in my way to look for a steering wheel complete and original.. Don´t know if 73 fists 72 in function and asthetics but if it does and it is in good shape let me know...

For me, buying used parts requires time because I have to take pictures of the item to the custom house to get the tax ratio and that stuff... but most of the parts i´m in need for now on must be NOS used ones so... i better start somewhere, dont you think!??

Well.. good luck with the parting out!

Damian,

Doing good.

As always, thanks to you.

Maybe the guys here can help with the differences. I have heard the columns are very different but maybe that was a comparison from the earlier cars (69 & 70).

Something safety related if I remember correctly.

Take care,

Ray

Please check the cowl, and I also need right side power window parts, if you have them.

OK guys here are the pics of the 73 Mach I mentioned in an earlier post.

I have already pulled a few items. But as the thread indicates I am parting it out. The motor is a 351W. Transmission is a FMX. I acquired the car for parts and now hope to help another 73 owner. I am looking to sell the items unique to 73 that are usable first. I have a friend who might need some of the 71/2 parts, so I am trying to hang onto them for now. Windsor motor parts are not needed since his car is Cleveland.

I got the car in this condition. Shame it suffered so much but a donor it shall be. There might not be much here. I have pulled the front bumper with mounting brackets. Bumper and brackets are solid. I can post pics of this piece - maybe in a different thread? I have also pulled the hood latch/bracket assy.

The old Ranchero/Torino hood was just an attempt to cover the engine. Probably not helping much but...

I have quite a few pics available - let me know what you want to see.

Hate to post too many! - I'm not really sure of best way to post them anyway...

Thanks.

Ray

11ghmx5.jpg

2r2cf3q.jpg

ix3wqp.jpg
I need a simple part...a glove box latch. Mine is broken.

How about the sliders/ track off the bottom of the seats both sides? Someone before me got a little carried away with a torch and melted the tab mounts. If yours are good let me know how much and if you can ship to pa 16040. Thanks Kevin

Ray, do you still have the charcoal evaporate canister & hoses from the engine compartment? Thanks

Marty

Last edited by a moderator:
looking for a/c heater inside controls,ie switch gear,

Adrian, FL

New to board but am in desperate need of some sheet metal for a 1973 Mach ! I need the area above the quarter on the drivers side up to the body line _about two inches from back window. I need the area above whata quarter skin will provide. I bet you still have this piece as not many of us are up for this type of repair.

Damian,

I obviously missed your request - probably viewed on my laptop!

I thought you were asking about the steering column. Doh!

I do not have any steering wheel available.

Take care- Ray

Hey Ray!!! how are you??

Bring the car to Uruguay and i fix it! :p jeje

Hey... i´m in my way to look for a steering wheel complete and original.. Don´t know if 73 fists 72 in function and asthetics but if it does and it is in good shape let me know...

For me, buying used parts requires time because I have to take pictures of the item to the custom house to get the tax ratio and that stuff... but most of the parts i´m in need for now on must be NOS used ones so... i better start somewhere, dont you think!??

Well.. good luck with the parting out!

Back