73 Mustang convertible 6 cyl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73429mach

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
1972 Mustang Mach 1 under construction
Found a 73 convertible with a 6 cyl advertised for $3800. Says it runs and drives good, minor rust, needs rear quarters, small rust section in front floor pan, standard hood, stock hub caps trim rings, metallic blue exterior, white interior with white top, deluxe door panels, no gauges no tach, ps pb. I’ve been looking for one for a long time but would really like a V8 car. Would it be worth it to switch the 6 for a 302 V8? What all is involved in this swap? It has an automatic transmission. I would eventually sell it so I’m looking at resale value later. Would the engine swap help or hurt the value? Thanks, Ryan

I saw that car and it looks good for the price if it runs. I can't comment on the engine swap because I have never done one. But you don't see convertibles in that price range unless there parts cars.  I bet you can get it cheaper than that with cash in hand. Good luck with the sale if you decide to buy it.

John J

Did you put your eyes on the car yet? You need the check the inner rockers and inner fenders for rot. I e-mailed the owner 2x, he had ignored my questions concerning the rust. So look at the rear frame rails also!

Did you put your eyes on the car yet? You need the check the inner rockers and inner fenders for rot. I e-mailed the owner 2x, he had ignored my questions concerning the rust. So look at the rear frame rails also!
No I haven’t actually seen it either, I also emailed him questions on that and he hasn’t answered them. He just said it needed rear quarters. Just curious, where did you see it advertised?

No I haven’t actually seen it either, I also emailed him questions on that and he hasn’t answered them. He just said it needed rear quarters. Just curious, where did you see it advertised?
I seen it few days ago on CL., I posted it in the classified section below

Find a v-8 car in better shape and pay more for it-in the long run it will be cheaper and your car will have a better chance at a higher retail value
+1 on what Jeff said!

UNLESS ---- you would be happy with the 6 cyl conv.  Build it stock and it will have value.  6 cyl. Mustangs are becoming very rare and the cruiser crowd likes them just fine.   Simply change the wheels out for a custom look then back to original for shows, etc.

I remember never seeing anyone with a 6 cyl 65-70 Mustang but now they are highly collected in all body styles.

Ray

Back