73 Mustang Coupe Ron Bell came over for visit.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Another member 73mustang coupe, Ron Bell, dropped his wife off at the quilting place in Hendersonville and he came on over to my shop. We looked around the shop some, it is a mess, got his 351 C thermostat then went to my friends restoration shop. 

Ron got to see first hand the 1968 Ram Air l Pontiac Firebird HO 4 speed that he just finished. I think Ron said WOW a few times, lol.

It is going to be a trailer queen for a while and enter some of the Pontiac shows around the country. One of Clay's other restorations won the Pontiac Nationals in Ohio with only two deductions for Interstate Battery and Radial tires. It was a 1966 Pontiac GTO 4 speed 3-2V.

The owner told Clay not to book anything else he was going to bring him his 1965 Mustang coupe that was a one owner to do next. 

We did talk what the cost was and it is in the vicinity of $135,000 and the car would probably sell for in the $80's if he wanted to sell. 

He was sanding on the 1965 Buick Grand Sport that he is currently doing which will have $18,000 in chrome work due to all the zinc die cast parts that have to be restored. 

If anyone has a good trunk lid for the 1965 Buick Grand Sport get in touch the one that was on the car is too rusty to fix. Also any NOS trim pieces would be nice.

This pic in not the car just shows what the trunk looks like.

We had lunch then took a ride in the 73 vert through Pisgah National Forest to the Blue Ridge Parkway and back down to home. Hit one little rain shower so we had to put top up. 

Sounds like Ron is looking forward to retirement and working on his cars. He is going to talk with Clay about finishing the paint on one of his trucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back