73 MUSTANG DASH PANELS - RADIO QUESTIONS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricksixtyfive

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
351c fmx trans, 2013 kona blue pearl
i have new dash panels for a 73 mustang and i need to know the size of the socket for those thread nuts that are holding the panels on. plus whats the average size of the nuts holding the radio to the panel. I need to buy a long socket for these or a special tool, any sugesstions. thanks in advanvce.

i have new dash panels for a 73 mustang and i need to know the size of the socket for those thread nuts that are holding the panels on. plus whats the average size of the nuts holding the radio to the panel. I need to buy a long socket for these or a special tool, any sugesstions. thanks in advanvce.
The dash nuts are 5/8". Not sure about the radio retaining nuts but if I had to guess i'd say 3/4".

If you are going to be doing work on your car you might want to invest in a set of 3/8" drive deep sockets. You can get a set from Harbor Freight, Walmart or even the chain auto parts stores pretty cheap. It gets expensive buying indiviual sockets.

The dash nuts are 5/8". Not sure about the radio retaining nuts but if I had to guess i'd say 3/4".

If you are going to be doing work on your car you might want to invest in a set of 3/8" drive deep sockets. You can get a set from Harbor Freight, Walmart or even the chain auto parts stores pretty cheap. It gets expensive buying indiviual sockets.
Radio shaft = 9/16" deep well

Back