73 Mustang Factory Forged Aluminum Wheels Versus Factory Sport Wheel Covers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which looks better, the Forged Aluminum Wheels or the Sports Wheel Covers

• Forged Aluminum Wheels

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • Sports Wheel Covers

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
My vote is for the aluminum.

Ever have someone come up and ask where you got the custom wheels for your car? That has happened to me quite a few times and at quite a few shows over the years. If I'm being judged at a local show that pretty much includes all manufacturer's models and makes, I'll try to gently mention the wheels are factory specific for the 73 mustang...most non-71-73 Mustang fans have never seen them before....

When I bought my 1973 convertible, the prior owner had put un some 17" craiger knock-offs. They looked OK, but I really really wanted some original 14" aluminum slot wheels. Don at Ohop Mustang had a set that was in pretty decent shape. I ended up spending about 2 hours on each wheel to polish it back to its magnificance!

I will try to edit this post later with before and after pics :)
Hey now --- Ohop Mustang ???

I think I may have another set if someone is looking
I gotta stop PWI... Posting while intoxicated....:s

When I bought my 1973 convertible, the prior owner had put un some 17" craiger knock-offs. They looked OK, but I really really wanted some original 14" aluminum slot wheels. Don at Ohop Mustang had a set that was in pretty decent shape. I ended up spending about 2 hours on each wheel to polish it back to its magnificance!

I will try to edit this post later with before and after pics :)
Hey now --- Ohop Mustang ???

I think I may have another set if someone is looking
I gotta stop PWI... Posting while intoxicated....:s
Well, maybe we can do Ohop Mustang

You just pull up and we can bring the parts out to your car :p

I was never any good at skating though

Back