73 Power Steering Options and size

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 "H" Code Mach 1
Was looking around the site and wasn't able to find any specifics regarding the 1973's steering box. I need to know what the pressure side inlet male hose size is. I am running a Saginaw pump and we Frankenstien'ed two different hoses together to work for now, but its not really working. So has anyone custom made or fit up their own fittings from the gear box to the Saginaw pump? Or made the pressure port a common male fitting? If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would remove your F-steined hose and take it to a local auto parts, farming supply, or truck repair place that works on hydraulic hoses. They'll either remove your two outside fittings and re-use them or use new fittings to make up a new hose. They might also cut your F-steined hose down to the correct length and connecting them together with a coupler. You'll need to know the hose length you need when you go.

Back