• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

73 w AC Glove box

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible
Looking for an OEM Glove box for my 1973.  I have AC so it would be the short version.  I'm looking for one in very good shape with the trim in place and the clip in the back.  I do not need any other parts other then the cardboard box and trim

Thanks for any help.

As you have the old one, in case you can't find one that has no distort, you could simply seek for the specific cardboard and make one yourself.

I must say finding an old impregnated cardboard sheet was the most challenging part for me, and that was several years ago,

but making it after I found it was done in like 1/2 hour based on old one, where most work went into "rolling" the folding lines.

and find the tool that use these raw staples.

As Ford made what is prolly the most ugly cheap piece of glove box of the entire car industry ever. It's really not hard, in fact the hardest part is to make it as ugly as it was :)

For my 73, I've ditched the cardboard for thin aluminum sheet, much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do go with making one you should be able to get the colored cardboard at an upholstery shop. they use to make kick panels, package trays etc.

I would love to have one of the staplers but have never found one. I think you can get the staples from Carpenter that are correct for that and some other trim applications.

I would love to have one of the staplers but have never found one

I found a used one back then in south of Paris, by a company that was making light wooden baskets for vegetables and fruits.

Something I just realise you don't see much around here anymore either.

Hello

I think I have EXACTLY what you want.   The condition of this is amazing for a 45 yearold part!!    Didn't see where you are - but can offer delivered for $80 (paypal fee included)

Let me know if you need screws and clips !! 

Mark

[email protected]

html image hosting

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late response, I thought I had notifications on but guess I didn't.  I don't think I'm going to make one but thanks for the advice on how to do that, I would still be missing the staples and clip on the back.  The one I have got dropped, the plastic trim broke a piece off and the card board ripped a bit.  It was in as good shape as yours SV02SCJ. Your price seems about right but maybe Ill try to repair the one I got, if things don't work out Ill send you a note.

Thanks for responding.

Sorry for the late response, I thought I had notifications on but guess I didn't.  I don't think I'm going to make one but thanks for the advice on how to do that, I would still be missing the staples and clip on the back.  The one I have got dropped, the plastic trim broke a piece off and the card board ripped a bit.  It was in as good shape as yours SV02SCJ. Your price seems about right but maybe Ill try to repair the one I got, if things don't work out Ill send you a note.

Thanks for responding.
Ok   I was taking to swap meet on Saturday and took it out of the truck!   Will keep here-I know how hard it is to get what you want when you need it.   Bought wrong from Tony Branda for my car-didn't know there was a difference in NON AC box.   

Mark

Thanks for responding.
Ok   I was taking to swap meet on Saturday and took it out of the truck!   Will keep here-I know how hard it is to get what you want when you need it.   Bought wrong from Tony Branda for my car-didn't know there was a difference in NON AC box.   

Mark
Well I ended up buying the glove box from SVO2SCJ, I couldn't get my original repaired will enough.  The new one was in way better shape then mine and fit like a . . . . glove.

Thanks again SVO

Thanks for responding.

Mark
Well I ended up buying the glove box from SVO2SCJ, I couldn't get my original repaired will enough.  The new one was in way better shape then mine and fit like a . . . . glove.

Thanks again SVO
Thanks for letting us know!   I didn't come here to sell parts...........currently working on a Boss 351 and found this site after years of membership and proving parts on Boss302 /428CJ and ConcoursMustang for Boss and CJ owners.   I"m now buried in 71-73 parts and have weened myself off SVO's !

Mark

Back