9 inch Pan Hard Bar

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Has anyone put an Pan hard bar instead of the rear sway bar ?

Don C

Fords Forever
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code
A panhard bar and a sway bar provide two different functions. The panhard bar keeps the rear axle centered in the chassis, while the sway bar reduces body roll.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
A panhard bar and a sway bar provide two different functions. The panhard bar keeps the rear axle centered in the chassis, while the sway bar reduces body roll.
Ok Thanks Don :)

Bentworker

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
71' Grande project.
I’ve got one.  I have not driven it enough to have much of an opinion.  They are supposed to help out with transitions in and out of corners.  

5B6B9FD7-985A-4E5F-B3EA-DE0D68BAAC2A.jpeg

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
I’ve got one.  I have not driven it enough to have much of an opinion.  They are supposed to help out with transitions in and out of corners.  
Wow looks stabile and strong, so rear sway bar ?

Bentworker

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
71' Grande project.
No rear sway bar for me.

With the Mike Maier Panhard setup you can run their swaybar if you choose to.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
No rear sway bar for me.

With the Mike Maier Panhard setup you can run their swaybar if you choose to.
Okay Thanks

Reaction score
My Car
1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/408C stroker
I am debating on the Panhard issue as we speak. Looking at your picture it appear that the passenger's side bracket hangs very low. Is that lower than the axle? How low to the ground? Also, I foresee issues with the exhaust pipe. Did you install the exhaust after the Panhard? I already have my exhaust installed but I wonder if the links would be in the way. To help me mock up the bar, can you tell me how far do the links are from the axle?

Bentworker

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
71' Grande project.
I am debating on the Panhard issue as we speak. Looking at your picture it appear that the passenger's side bracket hangs very low. Is that lower than the axle? How low to the ground? Also, I foresee issues with the exhaust pipe. Did you install the exhaust after the Panhard? I already have my exhaust installed but I wonder if the links would be in the way. To help me mock up the bar, can you tell me how far do the links are from the axle?

I have pretty small tires on the car and the passenger side bracket is 4.5” off the ground.  The exhaust went on after, it is a tight fit.  Can you better describe the measurement you want?

Reaction score
My Car
1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/408C stroker

I have pretty small tires on the car and the passenger side bracket is 4.5” off the ground.  The exhaust went on after, it is a tight fit.  Can you better describe the measurement you want?
The Panhard bar link bars sit rear of the axle. I am trying to figure out how can I mock the bars so any dimensions that would help me figure out where the bars will be at with respect to the axle. But before you do that, maybe you can tell me what brand of Panhard are you using?

Bentworker

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
71' Grande project.
I’ll get you some more dimensions and photos on Thursday. I can’t get to the car right now but would be more than happy to get some better pictures of the setup.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Great info thanks :) Did you fab that piece or can it be bought ?

Regards Rob

Bentworker

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
71' Grande project.
I bought it from Mike Maier in Livermore California - Mikemaierinc.

The rod itself is aluminum- all the fabricated pieces were very nice.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
I bought it from Mike Maier in Livermore California - Mikemaierinc.

The rod itself is aluminum- all the fabricated pieces were very nice.
Great Thanks