9in Centre section

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason I am asking (I suppose I should have started with this). I have the 9 inch out of a '79 Bronco. I was going to rebuild it and swap it and a set of axles to decrease down time..

Good plan. You could just measure the yoke size on your mustang and build up the bronco centre to match. I would pull an axle on the mustang just to be sure on spline size as you never know what's been changed in 40+ years and it would suck to build the wrong one.

True.. But I had planned to upgrade to 31 spline axles as well..

I know nothing about true trac and missed... it if he intends to run one. Track lok is easily converted as I did this in my car.
Jeff was not a critism of your already excellent advice just pointing out 1 variation too the rule did not mean to imply that you where wrong.

After running one in my '68 coupe, I had planned to run one in my '73.

How about this, it came up for sale on an Aussie Mustang forum, the other day, He's asking $1500.oo

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,24234.0/topicseen.html

"For sale, Sept 1968 dated nodular housing - C4AW-B with matching 'N' caps. Has fully rebuilt Detroit Locker, new bearings, properly set-up, new 3.89:1 Motive Gears crown & pinion, 31 spline for big horse power/torque, Daytona pinion yoke & support, painted in red oxide, ready to install.

Ford's original fitment HiPo set-up for big horsepower factory cars, nodular carriers were used in 427 Galaxies, Shelby GT 500's, GT500KR's, 428CJs, Boss 302, 351 & 429 - they're a tough piece of kit.

Can be shipped from Melbourne for cheaper than you'd think using www.e-go.com.au

Any questions, please ask..."

Back