A/C Seals

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
Even though my AC was converted to R134a last year they were able to use the existing seals.

Since the engine was rebuilt and they had to pull the freon out of the compressor, the seals are now leaking freon when they filled it up again.

So I'm looking for R12 high pressure plastic seals (can't be o-rings).

Any idea where I can find them?

If you are needing the seals that go on the line connection points. You will need yo identify which compressor type you have. The one with the grove in the mating surface is called a roto-lock fitting. Others will have a stepped mating surface, it takes an "o"ring.

If you are needing the seals that go on the line connection points. You will need yo identify which compressor type you have. The one with the grove in the mating surface is called a roto-lock fitting. Others will have a stepped mating surface, it takes an "o"ring.
I pulled my original invoice from 1973 (no I'm not the original owner, but the 3 owners before me kept great records) and it shows that the compressor was a "select-aire" unit, and I informed the shop.

Hopefully he can find the seals but he def said it's not an o-ring.

Never dreamed these would be so hard to find. They are part number #24117 made by four seasons, the best price is at Stylintrucks website. They are .47 cents each. Good luck.

Never dreamed these would be so hard to find. They are part number #24117 made by four seasons, the best price is at Stylintrucks website. They are .47 cents each. Good luck.
Brought this info to the shop and the guy informed me that he also found this info once I told him it was a "select-aire" system.

So I'm hoping to get the stang back tomorrow after work.

Thanks for your help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh crap.

Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back