A little about me and my vehicles

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ishootstuff

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
My first thread here is about the 72 Convertible I'm building for my Step-Father, but I thought I'd do an intro too...

So first off I see several people have a Forum Shooter award. How do I get that? You may have noticed my username is "ishootstuff"

On to the cars...

My favorite car ever and daily driver is my 95 Lexus SC300 that I turbo charged. I never dyno'd it, but it should be just a hair over 400 horse. It was originally a naturally aspirated automatic. Now it's running 17 pounds of boost (for daily driving & pump gas) and a 5 speed manual. Here's a 0-100 video for your viewing pleasure...

[video=youtube]

My wifes daily driver is our 1999 F-150 which I call an F-200 because after I destroyed the 5.4 V8, I stuffed a 6.8 V10 under the hood. It was a tight fit and required minor frame modifications but it turned out great. From the driver seat, you would never know all the work done under the hood. It feels like a factory machine. Ford should have built this truck.

You can read all about that here.

My wife and I are also really into motorcycles. We both have street and dirt bikes - 5 between the two of us. My favorite bike is my 1982 Honda CX500 factory turbo. It was so far ahead of it's time. It's got electronic fuel injection on a transverse mounted 88 degree V twin. It's water cooled, shaft driven, and puts out 87 horse @ the stock 18 PSI. Here's a pic of the wifes 87 CBR600F1 Hurricane and my CX500.

cxandf1.jpg

Yes, I am a little handicapped, but I do all of my own work - except paint. I can only be on my feet for a limited amount of time which is directly proportional to the amount of beer I have. For the really bad days, I use a mobility scooter. I have a few of those too. One does wheelies.

So much cool stuff in one post. Especially that Honda. I bet it's a blast. Oh, and Welcome from Utah. Best of luck on the Mustang project.

By the way, what do you shoot with?

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Lynnwood, WA. Good job stuffing a V10 in the F-150. I'm sure the wife loves the extra power. ::goodjob::

Rich

::goodjob:: "Yes, I am a little handicapped" is that like being a little pregnant:huh:
I have arthritis from a severe illness. Some days I'm fine, some days I can barely move.

So much cool stuff in one post. Especially that Honda. I bet it's a blast. Oh, and Welcome from Utah. Best of luck on the Mustang project.

By the way, what do you shoot with?
I have several guns. A Taurus PT111 Millenium 9mm, a Ruger Security Six .357, a Mossberg .22 plinkster, some old shotgun, and several RPM XL's (like a Thompson Contender) with barrels in .22, .357, 30-30, 30 Carbine and some others I can't remember right now. I used to do some web development and other work for the guy who builds the RPM until his death this month.

30-30.jpg

Welcome from coastal Alabama! NICE work of the other projects! I'm looking forward to the mustang build thread.

After seeing your SC300 videos, what go fast goodies would you recommend for an 03 G35 auto? :D

Welcome from coastal Alabama! NICE work of the other projects! I'm looking forward to the mustang build thread.

After seeing your SC300 videos, what go fast goodies would you recommend for an 03 G35 auto? :D
I love the G35, and have thought about getting one, but I don't know much about powering them up. There are turbo kits out there for them though!

My first thread here is about the 72 Convertible I'm building for my Step-Father, but I thought I'd do an intro too...

So first off I see several people have a Forum Shooter award. How do I get that? You may have noticed my username is "ishootstuff"
Welcome from washington state...Nice RPM....Never shot one of them..But i have shot a tompson contender in 45 win mag...Good shooters...If no one notices...I would just make a off topic thread and ask for a shooters award...And im sure you will get one;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back