a little whining this morning!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
how many of you walk in your garage, look at a dusty car with crap sitting on it and think, "DAMN I WISH I HAD TIME TO WORK ON IT!!"

Time is just not in my favor right now! Work, home maintenance, higher priority tasks, Kids sports (would not trade that for the world) then when you have time you are just too tired!

not looking for sympathy just venting! I bet most of you are nodding your head yes to some if not all of this.

I need to put this coffee down, stop watching college game day and get my arse out of this recliner!!!!!!

maybe later....rofl

3 Years I had the same feeling. No room to work on stuff or waiting for parts or not time. Same thing.

I built a work bench and shelves in my shop 2 weeks ago. Drives me nuts seeing all the dust on it but knowing there is nothing I can do about it till spring. So I know how you feel.

Yep know the feeling all too well. Spent bugger all time on my 72 Ford GS project lately, just spending money on parts when something priced right pops up.

Fortunately, I retired a year ago this past June and sent our youngest off to college this year so time is no longer an issue for me. Your time will come.

18 more years for me before they are off to college (and like 30 years of work). Just had another one 4 weeks ago. So I guess that has kept me busy. It is a lot nicer now having a shop to work in, I still don't have a lift but at least I have room now.

After years of working in a cramped 2 car garage I finally have my on detached garage hideaway! I still cant get time to work on my car but have to work on everyone else's in the family!

My sons car had 3 injectors go bad which lead to a hydrolock condition. I am almost done fixing that and damn if the PWR pump didn't go out yesterday on my 250!!!!

Is it bad for a 47 year old man to cry!!!!!:shootself:

In a lot of ways it was harder when the Mustang was my daily driver. All weekend repairs had to be completed in the weekend. This caused me to rush through repairs at times or forced me to work into the evenings using flashlights and lanterns. Now that I have a regular daily driver I can let the mustang sit for a weekend or two while waiting for the right part or taking my time to clean up and paint things as I go.

The TRICK is to finish the job so that it doesn't become a box holder. It's one of the reasons I call it my 'rolling resto'.

Oh my God!, Be thankfull you're not also into boats too! I have four boats, two are drag race only one-seaters, and two are ski boats. Add to that, I have the Mach 1 as a mechanical project as is needed. The garage is housing two of the boats ( funny, the very elements that a boat is used in....sun and water, are the very same things that ruin them, so they MUST be kept garaged.) The Mustang is a daily driver. Just as the other person posted, any repairs done by me must be completed before the next day, and often in the driveway, at night. Speaking of the driveway, that's where the car is parked 365 days a year, outside, rain or shine. California's weather is mild, so as long as it is washed and waxed now and again, I can do it.

But even the garage has to be guarded from ANY other things being placed inside, other than my garage tools and whatever. You all know how your wife will use the garage to store every single thing she wants out of the house. I can be just as bad, bringing some treasured part home and setting it on the workbench, then another....and so it starts. Currently, there are 5 spare engines, both car and boat, shelves of parts, engine stands, air compressor, two roll-aways, two steel cabinets of misc chemicals and parts, a stand-alone hydraulic press, two 8 foot long workbenches with vises, floorjacks, shop vacs,, and those two 8 foot wide trailers with boats on them, and a wall of model kits. There is a concrete slab poured behind the garage that is covered, for some additional workspace, and two sheds behind the garage holding more parts. That's how we humans are....we tend to fill all the space we have. At 65, I'm being realistic now with my thinking.....no new projects until I finish what I've got, or get rid of one or two....or win the lottery. I DO find time here and there to work on something, even if for just a little, my thinking is that as long as I don't stop, eventually things will get completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back