A Pillar Post Trim Parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supercoupe

Reaction score
My Car
2007 GT500
1965 GT350 Replica
1973 Mach 1 T-5 5-Speed
71-73 mustang fastback A Pillat Post trim LH.jpg[attachment=11620][attachment=11619][attachment=11619]I'm trying to get MP Products to mold the very hard to find A- Pillar posts for the fastback/sportsroof, perhaps also the Coupe and Convertible as well, (since all three are different), please show your support and contact them and let them know how much these parts are needed, there is some folks on ebay selling the OEM parts at outrageous prices. MP products already have some hard to find interior parts/trim for the 71-73 and love to see this company expand and grow and support some of the hard to find interior for all years as well. here is a pic of the OEM LH fastback version

By email: [email protected]

MP Products

5867 E Laredo Drive

Prescott Valley, AZ 86314

By phone:

(928)772-7715 (between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Arizona Standard Time)

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
HELP! fellow stangers, I need someone to supply/loan a driver side A-pillar for a 71-73 fastbacks to have reverse engineered and a mold created so we can provide these to fellow stangers for purchase in future in the aftermarket, as we all know how short of supply there is of aftermarket parts for 71-73 compared to 65-70, MP Products is willing to borrow our A-pillars and make a mold an return pillar hopefully undamaged to us, the pay off is a free set of molded fresh A-pillars as well, I only have available is a driver side, my passenger side got damaged in shipping when I originally purchased, as they are very old and brittle.SO we are in need of a Passenger side A-pillar. People on ebay and other used part vendors are selling these rare used parts at outrageous prices, MP products will provide new aftermarkets ones at reasonable prices, please support our cause.

Have you had the 71-3 interior panels they make ?

They are not good
t
The interior panels are not great, but I think they are good. Yes, they need a lot of work to make them fit right, but that's part of the "fun" in working on cars I think. I would prefer something that needs my custom touch to a perfect drop in. I think they look quite good on my car.

Greg

Have you had the 71-3 interior panels they make ?

They are not good
No I havent tried any of MP Products, but its all we have at this time, its got to be better than the fragment of pieces I have now,

I was told by MP Products that someone recently sent in some A-pillars to mold, but one came in cracked, so I offered to send them the one I have left (driver side), hopefully thay have intact hte passenser side that I need.

Hi All,

I sent the pillars to MP Couple months back. One was cracked, but they said they should be able to work with it.

I havent heard back in awhile. Sent email and left phone message.

Hoping available soon...

Plumbloco

jHi guys,

Was thinking about purchasing their 73 rear seat plastic quarter panels but saw a comment that they were not good. Any info you guys can provide before I get a set would be appreciated.

Jeff

Hi All,

I sent the pillars to MP Couple months back. One was cracked, but they said they should be able to work with it.

Hoping available soon...

Plumbloco

these parts are rare and hard to find to just purchase and reverse engineer...only the 71-73 enthusiast would know this not a fiberglass manufacturer. they dont know whats in demand or needed for market unless we tell them!

Seems odd to me that a company that wants to remake a part doesn't just buy a set on thier own. :s

Hi All,

Hoping available soon...

Plumbloco
i just emailed them a few days ago, they said shop foreman may get back on that project soon

these parts are rare and hard to find to just purchase and reverse engineer...only the 71-73 enthusiast would know this not a fiberglass manufacturer. they dont know whats in demand or needed for market unless we tell them!

Seems odd to me that a company that wants to remake a part doesn't just buy a set on thier own. :s

Hi All,

Hoping available soon...

Plumbloco
i just emailed them a few days ago, they said shop foreman may get back on that project soon

...Had contact a couple of weeks ago. THey said they were returning my pieces, but didn't know when they were going to produce them......

these parts are rare and hard to find to just purchase and reverse engineer...only the 71-73 enthusiast would know this not a fiberglass manufacturer. they don't know whats in demand or needed for market unless we tell them!

Seems odd to me that a company that wants to remake a part doesn't just buy a set on their own. :s

Hi All,

Hoping available soon...

Plumbloco

...Had contact a couple of weeks ago. THey said they were returning my pieces, but didn't know when they were going to produce them......
yeah they sent me an email and thought I was the guy who gave them the a-pillars, you better get with them and let them know their yours and where to return perhaps?, but they also said they get to them in month or two if you let them hang on to them a little longer, I guess their busy building a complete dash for a 65 mustang, keeping them busy.

recently learned scott drake now sells these pillars...amen

Supercoupe,

Thanks for getting this going. I believe that the convertible trim is a cut off the top of a coupe trim part.

Thanks

mustang7173 :goodpost:

I'm trying to get MP Products to mold the very hard to find A- Pillar posts for the fastback/sportsroof, perhaps also the Coupe and Convertible as well, (since all three are different), please show your support and contact them and let them know how much these parts are needed, there is some folks on ebay selling the OEM parts at outrageous prices. MP products already have some hard to find interior parts/trim for the 71-73 and love to see this company expand and grow and support some of the hard to find interior for all years as well. here is a pic of the OEM LH fastback version

MP Products

5867 E Laredo Drive

By phone:

[email protected]

Supercoupe,

Thanks for getting this going. I believe that the convertible trim is a cut off the top of a coupe trim part.

Thanks

I'm trying to get MP Products to mold the very hard to find A- Pillar posts for the fastback/sportsroof, perhaps also the Coupe and Convertible as well, (since all three are different), please show your support and contact them and let them know how much these parts are needed, there is some folks on ebay selling the OEM parts at outrageous prices. MP products already have some hard to find interior parts/trim for the 71-73 and love to see this company expand and grow and support some of the hard to find interior for all years as well. here is a pic of the OEM LH fastback version

MP Products

5867 E Laredo Drive

By phone:

[email protected]
If I'm not mistaken the Scott Drake ones have been available for several months.

I heard they are a fiberglass ill fitting / not good part.

Nothing to do with MP products

Supercoupe,

Thanks

MP Products

5867 E Laredo Drive

By phone:

[email protected]
If I'm not mistaken the Scott Drake ones have been available for several months.

Scott Drake are made of Fiberglass and poor fitting parts? possibly... but its better than a 45 year old part that shatter's like glass by just looking at it wronng, I tried to find some pillars from a wrecking yard and they shipped to me in many broken pieces, they are so old and fragile now from UV and oxidized they are very fragile and hard to find. so Im blessed we have something in the aftermarket world now, Ive been bugging MP products for over two years now with NO RESULTS, Im aware Scott Drake is not an MP product but again IM sure its better than what we had to work with until now.

Supercoupe,

Thanks

Scott Drake are made of Fiberglass and poor fitting parts? possibly... but its better than a 45 year old part that shatter's like glass by just looking at it wronng, I tried to find some pillars from a wrecking yard and they shipped to me in many broken pieces, they are so old and fragile now from UV and oxidized they are very fragile and hard to find. so Im blessed we have something in the aftermarket world now, Ive been bugging MP products for over two years now with NO RESULTS, Im aware Scott Drake is not an MP product but again IM sure its better than what we had to work with until now.

Well, I'm not trying to argue with you

They have been out for two years

Here is reviews off someones site

1 out of 5 stars.

· 2 years ago

Surprisingly poor quality from Scott Drake

Waited over a month for these, they were taken out of the mold too soon. The curve at the bottom where it goes into the door jam is too tight; and would break if we installed. There is also no lip where the piece meets the windshield as on the original, so when they are installed you can easily see the fiberglass inside of the molding through the windshield. They only show a pic of one side of them for a reason, i would only use these if there were absolutely no alternative, especially for $175.

✘ No,

I do not recommend this product.

Quality of Product

1 out of 5

Value of Product

1 out of 5

Appearance

1 out of 5

1 out of 5 stars.

· 2 years ago

Poor Fit

Both sides fit adequately at the top but neither would fit where they mount to the door jam at the bottom. The curve on that part is too tight and has to be broken to mount75to the door jam. For 175 buck this is a bad deal.

✘ No,

Quality of Product

1 out of 5

Value of Product

1 out of 5

Appearance

1 out of 5

1 out of 5 stars.

· 2 years ago

too tight and i have cracked it ! not perfect fit at all.....and very very expensive !

✘ No,

Back