A Walk Down Memory Lane...(no jaywalking!)..J.C. Whitney's!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detritusmaximus

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Grande #1 looong time ago
1970 Sportsroof #2 almost as long
1971 Sportsroof M-code #3 needs money
2008 GT #4 where the money went
I found these while looking for something else...we have a forum for Mustangs in the movies, but what about other media not directly related to Mustang specifically?

Because that is where I buy the parts for my Wankel rotary powered Mercedes Benz C111 protoype!

s-l1600.jpg

A14C1NUuucL.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

9349072950.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk about flashbacks….  I grew up not far from J.C. Whitney and actually went there several times for parts for my ‘36 Olds.  Back then they were Warshawskiy’s.  Same catalogue, and stuff just different name. By the time they changed names they moved away from mostly replacement parts to those parts in the Whitney catalog. Sure they had a lot of the ‘cool’ stuff from their catalog but their parts department was able to supply me with a head gasket for my flat head six, and rebuilding kits for my wheel and master cylinders and a few other things. Fantastic place in probably the same building that they started the business in.  Parts counter lined with huge reference books that they guys didn’t even look at and knew the cars like they were new models and a not 40+ car.  Don’t think there wasn’t anything you could get parts for at Warshawsky’s.  And yes the ‘36 is still in the garage next to my 71 vert.

image.jpeg

I have my old catalogs somewhere in the pile. Honest Charlie in Tennessee was where I got lots of performance parts. They always sent you a window decal with every order. When I was racing flathead V-8 Fords they sent me a list of flathead parts they were clearing out. I bought I think 5 sets of Jahns racing pistons for $10.00 a set. Yep ten dollars a set. Of course back then I made $1.00 an hour.

That was when $1 off coupons meant something..

If you ever owned a VW bug (‘66) you knew/learned about this rag. Remember how glorious I thought it was the first time I opened it. 

Back