Added a Glow Shift Dual Wideband and went for a drive.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach1
As everyone knows by now, I'm new to carbs and have had a lot to learn over this past year and a half. With help form many of you, I got mine fairly dialed-in, but really wanted some form of visual confirmation of where I was. I bought the Dual Wideband setup from Glow Shift. Because my interior is 100% stock, right down to the 8 track player, I didn't want to hard-install the gauge, so I put it in a lightweight portable toolbox. After I feel I'm fully dialed in, I will unplug the harnesses from the 02 sensors and store everything in the box. I'm connected to the battery via alligator clips. I may hook it up a couple times a year. Maybe summer and winter.

Initial first readings before I adjusted them with the gauge hooked up were Bank 1 (Drivers side) was a tad rich at 12, Bank 2 was lean at 16. 

20210527_172217.jpg20210527_171627.jpg20210527_132355.jpg

Here's a few videos from my first test drive with the dual wideband. Let me know what you think of these readings. You will have to listen to my RPMs go up and down to tell accel/decel. At points I do call out speeds and when I'm going up or down some slight hills. 

Carb is QF 735CFM -31 Squirter -Primary 71- Secondary 80 -5.5 PV -Pink cam in #1 hole. (Very slightly different from what John (Jpaz) is running with a very similar setup and the same carb). 

Pre-Drive Warm Idle. 

The test drive.

Post Test drive idle. My son had killed the camera a bit early and I wanted to see post drive idle as compared to pre-drive idle. 

Would love any feedback. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any dual plane intake will vary a bit from side to side and cylinder to cylinder. However, 12:1 and 16:1 is a realistic spread. Possibly an exhaust leak on th 16 side. I'd swap sensor positions to see if you get the same reading then. Where are the bungs placed in the exhaust? I know nothing about "Glow Shift", I use AEM. Chuck

PS Don't leave the sensors installed without power to them, it will damage them.

Any dual plane intake will vary a bit from side to side and cylinder to cylinder. However, 12:1 and 16:1 is a realistic spread. Possibly an exhaust leak on th 16 side. I'd swap sensor positions to see if you get the same reading then. Where are the bungs placed in the exhaust? I know nothing about "Glow Shift", I use AEM. Chuck

PS Don't leave the sensors installed without power to them, it will damage them.
12 and 16 were where the carb was before I hooked these up . They dialed in nicely once I could see what I was doing. (first warm idle video).

I didn't know that about the sensors. When I unhook the kit I'll pull them and put the plugs back in the bungs.

My sensors are located after the long tubes and before my H pipe. 

I checked out those on several sources including the Glow Shift website. They ain't cheap!! Not available on Amazon.ca right now either. I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll buy an AFR kit. Piggy bank needs to get a lot fatter!

I really like the set up as you don't want it on full time. Nice job on the videos. 

I checked out those on several sources including the Glow Shift website. They ain't cheap!! Not available on Amazon.ca right now either. I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll buy an AFR kit. Piggy bank needs to get a lot fatter!

I really like the set up as you don't want it on full time. Nice job on the videos. 
Thanks Geoff. No, definitely not cheap. This kit is a bit more expensive than most. But you do get the dual readout gauge, two modules, two harnesses, and two Bosch 02 sensors. It also came with 2 sets of bungs including a set in stainless. It's a good kit. The toolbox was only $12, so that was the only affordable piece. LOL

Back