African Mustang Build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The devil is in the detail! Inching forward. I will post some photos of the bodywork shortly.

Can anyone tell me if Hooker super competition headers 6115HKR are good for use on the 460 in my car? Will they fit??

African Mustang

The devil is in the detail! Inching forward. I will post some photos of the bodywork shortly.

Can anyone tell me if Hooker super competition headers 6115HKR are good for use on the 460 in my car? Will they fit??

African Mustang
I cannot but I am sure someone here can. Are you sure it is a 460? Did not come in mustang but other big ford cars for sure and trucks. I think they cast the C.I. number in the left front of the block and sometimes they did not change the number and it will say 460 and will be 429. The picture is a 429 marked 460. This happened a lot have 289 engines that say 302 in the casting. This link goes to a site that has the best info for Ford part numbers I have found.

http://mustangtek.com/block/Block.html

Put up a post on your questions on the headers I am sure some member can help.

David

Car came with no engine. I bought the 460 with a C6 transmission.

African Mustang

Car came with no engine. I bought the 460 with a C6 transmission.

African Mustang

Last edited by a moderator:
those headers will work, you may need the correct frame mounts for a 429 460 though, and will likely run into issues for driveshaft length as well, depending on what the 460/C6 came out of

Back