aftermarket a/c systems

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revsitup

Reaction score
My Car
!971 Mustang sportsroof
putting my 71 sportsroof with factory a/c back together after doing a total restoration to the car. My car had factory a/c but most of the components under the hood have not been on the car since the early 80,s. My original heater/a/c box has some damage to it also from a poor attempt at repairing the cowl vent flange rust at one time. I have been considering purchasing a updated aftermarket kit like classic air or original auto air . I do not want to cut or modify my firewall if i dont have to. Has anyone here installed either of these systems or is there another one out there that works for our 71-73 cars? Thanks for any help or suggestions

I went to the same situation, Do you have all the little peices , ducting, de-icing switch, micro switch, ect? If not it will be much cheaper and easier to buy a classic air kit, if you don`t want to drill holes in firewall then buy a stage!! upgrade kit from original air, they also sell most of avcilary items too.b I am in process of charging my factory system built with stage I factory air set-up, I like the factory look. There is no other system that "bolts"in without modifying firewall.

Thanks guys.. I’ll call them after work today

Back