Aftermarket guages

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAP62

Reaction score
My Car
71 coupe. 302. AOD trans 3.55 posi
Has anyone installed aftermarket guages into the Center dash panel of a 71 mustang as the original one are few and far between

Last edited:
There are lots of threads on the topic....just perform a search...

if I recall it correctly, the size & shape of the factory tri gauge cluster bezel isn’t an exact match with new gauges. I believe most peeps have to use a Dremel to trim the tri gauge cluster bezel to make new aftermarket gauges fit. Some fabrication can be involved. I recall one member who put in VDO gauges, but don’t recall the other brands that went into our cars

Yes, there is a lot posted on this subject. As you are a new member, you're probably not yet familiar with the search feature. Not to worry, we don't mind going over "stuff" again.
I used Bosch gauges as they are the down sweep type that look similar to the originals.
As I had the skills to make up bracketry to hold the gauges, my result may be overkill for some, but here's a pic or two of what I did. The last one is the finished install.

Attachments

• IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1054.JPG
    IMG_1054.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0220.1.JPG
    IMG_0220.1.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 13
Agreed. The forum coverage is extensive with some very good information.
The VDO gauges are heavy duty, expensive and hard to come by from one location.
However, they are worth the money and effort, as well as look great.

Back