Air Cleaner

goodnigh

VIP Members
Staff member
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
1971 M-code Grande
Purchased this air cleaner bottom half in hopes it would have the bi-metal switch I was looking for. It did not as evidenced by the two small holes. I think it came from a 429 but not sure. Anyone who is looking for one will recognize what it is. Don't want to toss it the trash, it belongs on a Mustang.

As always the item ships for free to the lower contiguous 48 states and APO addresses.

mike

HPIM3045.JPG

HPIM3047.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

vamach1

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 1972 Sprint convertible, 2004 Mach1
Purchased this air cleaner bottom half in hopes it would have the bi-metal switch I was looking for. It did not as evidenced by the two small holes. I think it came from a 429 but not sure. Anyone who is looking for one will recognize what it is. Don't want to toss it the trash, it belongs on a Mustang.

As always the item ships for free to the lower contiguous 48 states and APO addresses.

mike

Maybe the person on this site that cut up their ram-air air cleaner bottom could use it. It looks just like the one on my ram-air 72 Mach1

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim and Jutta

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1, 351 Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Automatic, AM/8 Track, Bright Red.

mike

Maybe the person on this site that cut up their ram-air air cleaner bottom could use it. It looks just like the one on my ram-air 72 Mach1
Yep, same as my bottom on my 71 ram-air system. Awsome to be passing it on to someone who can use it! Good job.

OMS

Vendors
Reaction score
My Car
xxx
That is not a correct 351 C ram air base

351 ram air base was offset and had a lip for the seal

All 71-3 351 and 302's had 2 opening on the RH side and none on the left

Hose from valve cover and charcoal canister hose both connected on the RH side

That one has an opening on the LH side and only one on the RH

cobrajet99

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1

mike

I thought it was for ram air,,, does anyone have any idea to what this bottom is from?????

OMS

Vendors
Reaction score
My Car
xxx
I'm not sure but thinking like an LTD, Galaxie, Torino, big Ford 400